Maidie

I was combing through some old family photo albums last night and discovered the name [name]Maidie[/name]. I think its surprisingly cute
and fresh. And lends to the nckname “[name]Mae[/name]” which I love. The full name on the photo was [name]Maidie[/name] [name]Ruth[/name].

What do you think? What other middle names work with [name]Maidie[/name]?

Thanks!

hmm… it is cute. though i think it would and up being pronounced as “matey” as in, “ahoy, Matey!” in many regions?? I think i prefer [name]Maisy[/name] or [name]Mae[/name]. [name]Ruth[/name] is nice and sweet! :slight_smile:

I think it wouldn’t be good because the first part is Maid. I think [name]Mae[/name] is beautiful though.

Is your [name]German[/name]? It could have been a version of Maedchen (can’t do umlauts), thus [name]Maidie[/name], which I think is adorable. Or of course it could be a version of [name]Maisie[/name]/[name]Margaret[/name] too. I think [name]Maidie[/name] is great. [name]Don[/name]'t know that I would use it on its own though. Maybe you could do a little bit of research into its origins? A fresh and original name to me.

I think it’s very pretty. However at first glance I saw ‘[name]Maddie[/name]’, and with so many of them around it could get a bit confusing (having 3 Maddies and [name]Maidie[/name] in one class, for instance). I think it is MUCH prettier nn for [name]Madelyn[/name]/[name]Madeleine[/name] than [name]Maddie[/name]. It may even have earned a place on my long list. Maybe. :wink:

Did a little research and [name]Maidie[/name] is a derivative of “[name]Maida[/name]” its English in origin and means “maiden”
It reached popularity after the Battle of [name]Maida[/name] [name]July[/name] 4 1806 which was a British victory againt the first French empire
outside of San Pietrodi [name]Maida[/name] in [name]Italy[/name].

My great grandmother was a maid for an English family in the early 1900’s maybe she was inspired to the name [name]Maidie[/name] from there.

Adorable! Fresh sounding with a solid history behind it.

[name]Maidie[/name] is fresh and charming. To me, it sounds like an adorable nn. I would advise using it as such for [name]Margaret[/name], [name]Mae[/name] or another name, but then I’m a little conversative in the baby naming world. For me, as a given name, it is a bit like [name]Missy[/name], a little too charming and adorable for a CEO. It’s the sort of name a grown woman might only use with her most intimate friends. I love names like that, as long as you have another for the wider world.