Maisy or Maisie?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] all,

I am really loving [name_f]Maisy[/name_f]/[name_f]Maisie[/name_f] as a nickname for a particular long “M” name, but I have a couple of questions.

Which way would you automatically write it if someone introduced herself to you, and which spelling do you prefer?

:slight_smile:

I would automatically write it down as [name_f]Maisie[/name_f], like [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] [name_m]Williams[/name_m]. That’s the spelling I’m most familiar with, and I prefer it.

Agree with above :slight_smile:

My first guess would be [name_f]Maisie[/name_f], but I have seen [name_f]Maisy[/name_f] used once or twice.

[name_f]Maisie[/name_f] is by far my favourite! I know two Maisies and one [name_f]Maisy[/name_f].

I prefer [name_f]Maisie[/name_f]. [name_f]Maisy[/name_f] to too close to [name_f]Macy[/name_f] for me.

I would likely write [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] if I heard the name, it’s my preferred way of spelling.

[name_f]Maisy[/name_f] makes me think of [name_f]Daisy[/name_f].

I would write [name_f]Maisy[/name_f], just personally prefer how it looks. I have a cousin that spells it Maizy so that’s possibly another option.

If I was asked to write [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] I’d spell it like that - with the ie. I used to have a cat called [name_f]Maisie[/name_f]!

This name is really popular where I am lots of little girls with this name running around as a result I would use [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] as that’s the only spelling I’ve seen & it’s my favourite spelling too just looks prettier

Definitely [name_f]Maisie[/name_f]. I prefer this spelling. My mind goes to [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] [name_m]Williams[/name_m].

[name_f]Maisie[/name_f] is my default spelling.

Probably [name_f]Maisie[/name_f], instinctively.

[name_f]Maisie[/name_f] for sure.

I’ve always loved [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] and always prefer the ie ending for names. It just feels more finished and balanced to me.

I think I like [name_f]Maisie[/name_f], but they both are adorable!

Definitely [name_f]Maisie[/name_f], 100%. I think it looks the nicest written down, it seems more balanced and complete to me. It is also the spelling I’ve seen used most, so that would be what I assume most people would write out when they heard the name.
Very cute nickname, by the way, I love it!

[name_f]Maisie[/name_f]. :slight_smile:

Thank you all so much for your responses so far, it seems [name_f]Maisie[/name_f] is definitely the more common choice! :smiley:

I love [name_f]Maisie[/name_f]!