Make Alan girly!

We are having our 4th baby girl later this year…This is our last baby, so no boys for my husband…If we ever had a boy the middle name had to be [name_m]Alan[/name_m]…[name_m]Long[/name_m] tradition in family. I think it would be neat to turn [name_m]Alan[/name_m] into a girl form for either first or middle name. We do like [name_f]Alana[/name_f], but looking for other options…What do you think??

I know an [name_f]Alanie[/name_f] ([name_m]Ah[/name_m]-LAHN-ee) which I’ve always thought very pretty!
[name_f]Lana[/name_f]? (Same letters)
[name_f]CALANtha[/name_f]?
Best of luck!

I like the suggestion of [name_f]Lana[/name_f] (or even [name_f]Nala[/name_f]?) or [name_f]Calantha[/name_f]/[name_f]Calanthe[/name_f].

My other thought was [name_f]Alina[/name_f]/[name_f]Aliena[/name_f]/[name_f]Alena[/name_f]. [name_f]Alina[/name_f] is fairly similar to [name_m]Alan[/name_m], anyway?

Good luck!

What about [name_f]Alanis[/name_f]? It’s the feminine form of [name_m]Alan[/name_m].

[name_f]Alannah[/name_f] is kind of nice.

[name_f]Ilana[/name_f] is unrelated but a name I like.

[name_f]Alice[/name_f] is appealing and classic, but not really truly related to [name_m]Alan[/name_m]. It does have a similar feel to me though.

[name_f]Alanis[/name_f]! Like [name_f]Alanis[/name_f] Morissette the singer… not sure how feminine it actually is because shes the only thing I can associate it to.

For [name_m]Alan[/name_m]

[name_f]Alaina[/name_f]
[name_f]Ellen[/name_f]
[name_f]Elena[/name_f]
[name_f]Lana[/name_f]
[name_f]Elaine[/name_f]
[name_f]Nahla[/name_f]
Naleigh
[name_u]Allie[/name_u]

you could even go into
[name_m]Al[/name_m]exandra
[name_m]Al[/name_m]essandra
[name_m]Al[/name_m]ejandra

[name_m]Even[/name_m]
[name_f]Anne[/name_f] or [name_f]Anna[/name_f]

What about [name_f]Alandra[/name_f]? I know a little girl named this, which was to honor an [name_m]Alan[/name_m].

[name_f]Anja[/name_f]
[name_f]Anya[/name_f]
also work

I love Alarie! It’s a family surname, actually related to [name_u]Hillary[/name_u]/[name_u]Hilaire[/name_u]…it’s kind of close to [name_m]Alan[/name_m], though.

I’ve always kind of like [name_u]Allyn[/name_u] (which is a real name!) but it’s always sort of a guilty pleasure name. [name_f]Alana[/name_f] is nice and I like the suggestion of Alarie.

Best of luck!

My name is [name_u]Allison[/name_u], I was named after my father who is an [name_m]Alan[/name_m]. It was between [name_u]Allison[/name_u] and [name_f]Alana[/name_f].

[name_f]Alina[/name_f], [name_f]Alaina[/name_f], [name_f]Alana[/name_f] <3

Alanelle is the only one I can think of that hasn’t been suggested yet

I really like the suggestion of [name_f]Nahla[/name_f]. I would spell it “[name_f]Nala[/name_f]” tho, because it’s [name_m]Alan[/name_m] backwards. And I think it would make a lovely first or middle name.

Good luck, and congrats!!!

[name_f]Aileen[/name_f]? Alwen? Or A. [name_f]Lynne[/name_f]?

[name_f]Atalanta[/name_f]! It’s really not the most conventional ([name_f]Alana[/name_f] was my first thought, haha), but I do think it’s lovely and definitely under-recognized.

[name_f]Alana[/name_f] is on my favorites list! I love it!

I’ve always liked the name [name_f]Allena[/name_f]. But reading some of the other posts, I really like [name_f]Alanis[/name_f] too!

My first suggestion was going to be [name_f]Alana[/name_f], as it actually contains “[name_m]Alan[/name_m]”.
Some other suggestions are:
[name_f]Alane[/name_f]
[name_u]Alani[/name_u]
Alannis
[name_u]Calan[/name_u]/[name_u]Kalan[/name_u]
[name_f]Calandra[/name_f]

Or here is a wacky idea, why not just name her [name_m]Alan[/name_m]? You could do [name_m]Allan[/name_m], if it seems more feminine without loosing the [name_m]ALAN[/name_m] part. Or you could use [name_m]Alan[/name_m] as her middle name? It would come with a cute story of a family name that would never be used. Or what about the name [name_f]Briallen[/name_f]? You could call her [name_f]Bri[/name_f], or even “[name_f]Primrose[/name_f]”, which is the meaning of the original welsh word. That would be my suggestions, [name_f]Briallen[/name_f], with the nickname [name_f]Bri[/name_f] or [name_f]Primrose[/name_f], or Prim, or even [name_f]Rose[/name_f].