Make me love Emily?

[name_f]My[/name_f] partner absolutely loves the name [name_f]Emily[/name_f]. It’s been on my list as a middle, but I always thought it was too plain for a first name for my personal tastes. I told him I’d give it my best try in my mind before deciding definitely how I feel about it.

So, in this thread, I’d like to see ONLY positive comments about the name [name_f]Emily[/name_f]! The challenge is to see if I, Raph, can be convinced to go from “like” to “love” on this name!

Side note: Combos up for consideration currently are
[name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_f]Roselyn[/name_f] [name_u]Brooke[/name_u]
[name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_f]Samantha[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_u]Brooke[/name_u] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f]

1 Like

[name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_f]Roselyn[/name_f] [name_u]Brooke[/name_u] is stunning.

I love [name_f]Emily[/name_f] because it feels very girl next door. It is beautiful historical and has great pop culture references
[name_f]Emily[/name_f] Blunt
[name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_m]Dickinson[/name_m]
[name_f]Emily[/name_f] Deschanel

1 Like

I feel like [name_f]Emily[/name_f] is one of those names that any girl could wear; it’s timeless and versatile. I have always seen [name_f]Emily[/name_f] as a cheery/friendly name!

2 Likes

Sweet spot at 3 syllables
Sweet ending sound but feels strong
Feminine but not frilly
Not trendy like [name_f]Emma[/name_f] or [name_f]Ellie[/name_f] (haha this is my bias, I much prefer [name_f]Emily[/name_f] to Emma!)
Not too many letters, easy to spell
One primary spelling and pronunciation
Nickname potential
[name_f]Dot[/name_f] on the i allows for a :heart: :joy:
Lots of famous namesakes

3 Likes

I genuinely like [name_f]Emily[/name_f], and it was on our long list. It’s popular, but not to the point of 1980s [name_f]Jennifer[/name_f] where she’d likely be one of several in her class. There’s nickname potential if you want it (Emily nn Milly/Millie is :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:), and it works for all age ranges. I don’t think you can go wrong with traditional and classic!

2 Likes

I like [name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalyn[/name_f] [name_u]Brooke[/name_u]

It’s a classic, fits any age. Yes, it’s getting “dated” (imo, it’s not that dated as people make it seems), but it’s never been to popular as [name_f]Emma[/name_f]. And [name_f]Emily[/name_f] has many nns; Emmie/Emme/Emmy/Emi, [name_f]Em[/name_f], [name_f]Emma[/name_f], and [name_f]Millie[/name_f]. And it fits most personalities and it works for all ages.

1 Like

There’s this relatively recent show called [name_u]Perry[/name_u] [name_u]Mason[/name_u] where one of the characters on trial is [name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_m]Dodson[/name_m]. It’s set in the early 1900s and her name just sounds so flowing, romantic, and sweet, it’s a steady and true evergreen. Hearing her name echo dramatically is an utter enchantment. Plus nns [name_f]Emmie[/name_f] and [name_f]Millie[/name_f] are options!

1 Like

[name_f]Emily[/name_f] is a beautiful name and [name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_f]Roselyn[/name_f] [name_u]Brooke[/name_u] is a beautiful combo!

She’s timeless and classic, well-known without being overdone, has nickname potential, not too short and not too long, and works well on all ages.

1 Like

[name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_f]Brontë[/name_f] is a super cool connection! [name_f]Emily[/name_f] has a gentle warm vibe, while also feeling sort of rugged and adventurous. I think she’s versatile and fun. Plus, cute nicknames like [name_f]Em[/name_f], [name_f]Emmy[/name_f], [name_f]Milly[/name_f], [name_f]Mila[/name_f], [name_f]Mimi[/name_f], [name_f]Mim[/name_f], [name_m]Emil[/name_m], [name_u]Eli[/name_u], [name_f]Elly[/name_f]

[name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_f]Roselyn[/name_f] [name_u]Brooke[/name_u] is nice!

1 Like

[name_f]Emily[/name_f] is a darling name! Its simplicity is beautiful and it sounds so sweet and kind. [name_f]Emily[/name_f] is definitely a name that only nice people can wear. Honestly, I cannot imagine a mean [name_f]Emily[/name_f]. :relaxed:

Recently I’ve fallen in love with the spelling [name_f]Emilie[/name_f]. I think this way it looks even more charming and romantic.

All in all, [name_f]Emily[/name_f] is wonderful, use it! :sparkles:

2 Likes

it’s my name.

done

3 Likes

[name_f]Emily[/name_f] is such a lovely name. It has a sweet sound but the -y ending also makes it a little spunky. I think the popularity makes this name comfortably familiar.

2 Likes

[name_u]An[/name_u] enduring classic with the super cute [name_f]Millie[/name_f] as a potential nickname!

1 Like

Seconding the [name_f]Emilie[/name_f] spelling! I like the traditional [name_f]Emily[/name_f] - which, btw, I feel is actually one of the few truly classic names and despite its popularity, is wearable for ages! - but I also love that [name_f]Emilie[/name_f] feels a little fresher and romantic.

2 Likes

I’ve worked with kids for years and I don’t know that I’ve ever taught an [name_f]Emily[/name_f]. It was SO popular for so long but honestly I already think it sounds fresh again. It’s got such a sweet vintage sound, too!

1 Like

I think [name_f]Emily[/name_f] has a beautiful, gentle, poetic strength, and I love that it has a strong history of use for hundreds of years. I think [name_f]Emily[/name_f] can work on a person of any age or any personality type. The youngest one I know is three and the oldest is in her 80s, and it really is incredibly versatile and timeless. [name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_f]Roselyn[/name_f] [name_u]Brooke[/name_u] is stunning!

2 Likes

I like [name_f]Emily[/name_f] because it packs a lot of name into a small, accessible package. It’s a full name with three syllables, carrying a lot of history and poetry, but it’s only five letters and and just rolls off the tongue! Good for yelling around the house and saying/writing quickly.

Plus, it’s among just a few names I can think of that manage to be both cutesy for the playground and proper for a [name_m]Harvard[/name_m] application- all without even considering a nickname!

1 Like

[name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_f]Roselyn[/name_f] is so pretty! [name_f]Emily[/name_f] has a beautiful sound. I think it’s a timeless name. :slight_smile:

1 Like

well as an emily myself I can highly reccomend it as it has so many potential nicknames, well known and so doesn’t often get miss-spelled or miss-pronounced but also has the other versions; emilie, amelie, amelia/emilia, milly/millie

I like emily samantha violet!!

1 Like

If I can stop one heart from breaking,
I shall not live in vain;
If I can ease one life the aching,
[name_u]Or[/name_u] cool one pain,
[name_u]Or[/name_u] help one fainting robin
Unto his nest again,
I shall not live in vain.
– [name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_m]Dickinson[/name_m]

If all else perished, and he remained, I should continue to be; and if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger: I should not seem a part of it.
– [name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_f]Bronte[/name_f]

Both beautiful writers with so much soul. I had [name_f]Bronte[/name_f] read at my wedding.

You could have the [name_u]French[/name_u] spelling, [name_f]Emilie[/name_f], if you needed extra flair.

I like both [name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_f]Roselyn[/name_f] [name_u]Brooke[/name_u] and [name_f]Emily[/name_f] [name_u]Brooke[/name_u] [name_f]Adelaide[/name_f].

1 Like