Malachi

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] berries!

Been thinking about [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] a lot lately… and have a few questions for y’all:

1. If you had to give [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] a nn, what would you use?
  2. What would you imagine a [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] to be like?
  3. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you prefer [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] or [name_m]Malachy[/name_m]?
  4. What names would you put in a sibset with [name_m]Malachi[/name_m]?

[name_m]Feel[/name_m] free to recommend middles, too!

Thank you!

1. I think I would default to [name_m]Mal[/name_m], but I like [name_m]Kai[/name_m] too.
  2. I imagine a [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] to be an old soul – kind, clever, imaginative, and bookish, with a witty sense of humor. Though my first image is of a quieter, old soul, I can also see [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] as a very impish, louder child – sort of a class clown, in a good way.
  3. I prefer [name_m]Malachi[/name_m], but I like both!
  4. Off the top of my head, I’m thinking: [name_m]Cyrus[/name_m], [name_m]Tobias[/name_m], [name_m]Nolan[/name_m], [name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m], [name_m]Ezra[/name_m], [name_m]Jude[/name_m], [name_m]Seamus[/name_m], [name_m]Henry[/name_m], [name_m]Arthur[/name_m] // [name_f]Lydia[/name_f], [name_f]Bridget[/name_f], [name_f]Frances[/name_f], [name_f]Naomi[/name_f], [name_f]Cecilia[/name_f], [name_f]Jane[/name_f], [name_f]Nora[/name_f], [name_f]Noa[/name_f], Lucille/Lucia
1 Like
  1. [name_m]Chi[/name_m] or [name_m]Chi[/name_m] [name_m]Chi[/name_m]
  2. [name_f]My[/name_f] son has a friend named [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] so I picture him. African American, cutest little curly afro, outgoing, friendly, athletic, curious.
  3. [name_m]Malachi[/name_m]
  4. [name_m]Malachi[/name_m], [name_f]Sienna[/name_f], and [name_m]Ashton[/name_m]
1 Like

I think Mac or Mack! (though Lockie/Lachie might be tempting too!)

Gentle but quietly confident, studious and creative too

I prefer the slightly crisper, sharper sounds of Malachi

Malachi and…

Tobias, Gideon, Wilfred, Otis, Felix, Wilbur, Julian, Edwin, Bennett, Otto, Solomon
Philippa, Indigo, Evangeline, Saskia, Imogen, Frederica, Abilene, Ramona

A random selection here :person_shrugging: :person_facepalming:

And some middle ideas…

Malachi Remy
Malachi August / Malachi Augustine
Malachi Ernest
Malachi Auden
Malachi Reuben
Malachi Otson
Malachi Sage
Malachi Romy
Malachi Dawson
Malachi Percy
Malachi Gage

2 Likes

Malachi is a name that is loved by so many of my loved ones and is really popular within my loved ones families! Great choice :yellow_heart:

1. The nickname I would use is either Kai or Malky which is the nickname that is popular for this name predominantly Malachy is used within Scotland and Ireland which is where my dad’s family are from so I like the links to him. However I think Kai could be more intuitive for people not familiar with Scottish/Irish naming trends.

2. So I know a lot of Malachi’s therefore I picture all the Malachi’s I know! Still the Malachi I see on the regular is one of closest friend’s husband. He is Malachi and he’s a lovely soul. He’s a proud Jamaican (both him and my friend are), a brilliant father, loves sports, is vegan and is a brilliant chef and is overall a calm gentle soul.

3. Despite me mentioning Malachy above and how this name feels in keeping with honouring my dad I do prefer Malachi. I like the biblical association and feel Malachi is more intuitive.

4. Malachi was a name I considered using for a long time but I associate the name with the past so I’ve left him behind. However when he was on my radar I was pairing Malachi with Solomon, Lilia & Rose. Moving away from my sibling set I think for Malachi brothers I would go Jonah, Samson + Tobias and for his sisters I would go Amara, Noemi + Eden.

5. Middle names for Malachi could be…
    Malachi Stone
    Malachi Rex
    Malachi Forest
    Malachi Gideon
    Malachi Jude

Hope this helps

1 Like

1: [name_m]Kai[/name_m]
2: Kind, creative, thoughtful
3: [name_m]Malachi[/name_m]
4: [name_m]Malachi[/name_m], [name_f]Selah[/name_f], [name_m]Ezekiel[/name_m], & [name_f]Keziah[/name_f]
5: Middle names: [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] [name_m]James[/name_m], [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] [name_m]Kerr[/name_m], [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] [name_m]Wade[/name_m], [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] [name_m]Howard[/name_m], [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] [name_m]Ryan[/name_m]

1 Like

Thanks everyone!

I’ve been really liking the idea of Malley/Mally/Mallie? But I like that [name_m]Mal[/name_m] could mature nicely, [name_f]Malley[/name_f] doesn’t age great, I don’t think. [name_m]Mac[/name_m], too, so I’m a bit torn between Mal/Malley and [name_m]Mac[/name_m]. I do like the idea of [name_m]Locke[/name_m] as a nn, though! I’ve been entertaining [name_m]Lachlan[/name_m] lately, though, so maybe it’s better to save [name_m]Locke[/name_m] for that and stick to [name_f]Malley[/name_f] or [name_m]Mac[/name_m] for [name_m]Malachi[/name_m].

[name_m]Super[/name_m] enjoying the idea of him with a lot of my favorite obscure Bible names (Cyrus, [name_m]Tobiah[/name_m], [name_m]Boaz[/name_m], [name_m]Bartholomew[/name_m], [name_m]Barnabas[/name_m], [name_f]Aquila[/name_f], [name_m]Reuben[/name_m], [name_m]Eliel[/name_m], [name_m]Bram[/name_m], [name_m]Asa[/name_m], Judah), so I think he’d fit in a lot better than I was originally giving him credit for.

I’m really liking the idea of a middle name that has lots of blues and greens for me, which tend to be S, G, and J names. So far I have liked [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] [name_m]Soren[/name_m] and [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] [name_m]Sebastian[/name_m] the best, but [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] [name_m]James[/name_m] is nice, too! There’s a berry on here now who’s been considering [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] Jasper—love that but don’t want to take it from her, so I’m trying to find something that feels similar but isn’t [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] (plus, [name_m]Caspar[/name_m] is my favorite boys name so I probably wouldn’t use [name_m]Jasper[/name_m] anyway).

Definitely welcoming more combo ideas! Thanks berries!

1 Like

I adore [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1. If you had to give [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] a nn, what would you use?
I prefer [name_m]Mac[/name_m], also like [name_m]Kai[/name_m] / [name_m]Cai[/name_m] but it’s too popular for me right now whereas [name_m]Mac[/name_m] seems to have died down after the McKenzie trend.

2. What would you imagine a [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] to be like?
Cheeky, happy, strong willed.

3. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you prefer [name_m]Malachi[/name_m] or [name_m]Malachy[/name_m]?
[name_m]Malachi[/name_m]

4. What names would you put in a sibset with [name_m]Malachi[/name_m]?
Almost anything would work but personal faves: [name_m]Levi[/name_m], [name_f]Ellison[/name_f], [name_m]Brett[/name_m], [name_m]Colton[/name_m], [name_m]Bennett[/name_m], [name_m]Austin[/name_m]

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite MN’s:
[name_m]Malachi[/name_m] [name_m]Emeric[/name_m]
[name_m]Malachi[/name_m] [name_m]Hamlet[/name_m]
[name_m]Malachi[/name_m] [name_m]Angelus[/name_m]
[name_m]Malachi[/name_m] [name_m]Jameson[/name_m]
[name_m]Malachi[/name_m] [name_m]Jude[/name_m]
[name_m]Malachi[/name_m] [name_m]Declan[/name_m]
[name_m]Malachi[/name_m] [name_m]Todrick[/name_m]
[name_m]Malachi[/name_m] [name_m]Zane[/name_m]
[name_m]Malachi[/name_m] [name_m]Beckham[/name_m]
[name_m]Malachi[/name_m] [name_m]Apollo[/name_m]
[name_m]Malachi[/name_m] [name_m]Sterling[/name_m]

1 Like
  1. Definitely [name_m]Kai[/name_m] or [name_m]Mack[/name_m]! I’ve never been a big fan of [name_m]Mal[/name_m]
  2. Big-hearted and sweet, with firm morals and a playful side
  3. [name_m]Malachi[/name_m]
  4. [name_m]Malachi[/name_m], [name_m]Solomon[/name_m], & [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m] – [name_m]Malachi[/name_m], [name_f]Selah[/name_f], & [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]
1 Like