Maren?

I was going through one of my old lists and rediscovered the name [name]Maren[/name]. If you remember, I am almost 6 months pregnant with my second daughter. My first is named [name]Rowan[/name] [name]Delilah[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. I was almost definite on the name [name]Bellamy[/name], and I still love it, but my husband is not sold on it. He doesn’t think it fits [name]Rowan[/name] at all. I had forgotten about [name]Maren[/name], but now I’m really into it again. What do you think? I also love the meaning of “sea.”

I quite like the name [name]Maren[/name], it’s so cute. [name]Taren[/name] is another similar name that goes well with [name]Rowan[/name].

I like [name]Maren[/name] a lot, but I’m worried it may not fit well with [name]Rowan[/name]. [name]Rowan[/name] has sort of a tomboyish feel to it, while [name]Maren[/name] is much girlier. I suggest [name]Briony[/name]; I think [name]Rowan[/name] and [name]Briony[/name] would match better. What do you think of [name]Briony[/name] [name]Seraphina[/name] [name]Claire[/name]?

I love the name [name]Maren[/name]! When I was pregnant, we had two names picked out if we had a girl: [name]Maren[/name] (although I was spelling it [name]Marin[/name]) and [name]Rowan[/name]! We ended up having a boy, so I didn’t have to choose between these two names. I do think that [name]Maren[/name] has more of a feminine sound compared to [name]Rowan[/name], but that wouldn’t bother me all that much- if it’s a name you love, go for it!

[name]Maren[/name] is lovely!! It’s been on my list too, and I love the sea connection. I actually think it fits perfectly with [name]Rowan[/name], style-wise (both nature-y, non-frilly yet very pretty, though [name]Rowan[/name] is unisex and [name]Maren[/name] isn’t). In terms of sound, [name]Maren[/name] and [name]Rowan[/name] are quite similar, but I don’t think that really bothers me. I also really like the above suggestion of [name]Briony[/name], though to me it actually sounds much more feminine than [name]Maren[/name]! Very pretty, though!

I think that [name]Maren[/name] is very pretty! I think it sounds fine with [name]Rowan[/name]. [name]Briony[/name] is a pretty name, too. [name]Even[/name] though [name]Briony[/name] means “to sprout”, it makes me think of the word "briny’ which means “the sea”.
If it were me, I would love [name]Maren[/name] more than [name]Briony[/name] though. I would be happy to have [name]Maren[/name] as my name because it just feels so comfortable.

I love the name [name]Maren[/name]!! It was on my shortlist, but hubby isn’t the biggest fan.

Yes, love it. We are currently struggling to name our little girl, and [name]Merryn[/name] and [name]Rowan[/name] are / were on our list. We dislike the spelling [name]Maren[/name] (my husband, especially), but liked the Cornish spelling [name]Merryn[/name].

I’m glad everyone likes it! I like the suggestion of spelling it [name]Merryn[/name] too.

Sorry, I’ve never liked [name]Briony[/name]/[name]Bryony[/name]. It just looks weird to me for some reason. I like the style though…other nature names would definitely fit, but it’s hard to find one that matches [name]Rowan[/name]'s unisex style. I do like [name]Skye[/name] a lot, but I’m afraid it’s too simple? I don’t know…I’m still so confused.