Margo or Margot?

I have really loved the name [name_f]Margot[/name_f] but I don’t know what to do for the spelling. I think the t on the end really finishes the name and makes it look nice but I don’t want to have people pronounce the name mar-got. Which one works better?

I say go with [name_f]Margot[/name_f]- people will only need telling once.

I prefer [name_f]Margot[/name_f].

I prefer [name_f]Margot[/name_f]. I think most people know how to pronounce it

1 Like

I actually really like both spellings. If you prefer [name_f]Margot[/name_f], you should use it. Seems like a familiar enough name that there shouldn’t be too many pronunciation issues. It’s an easy fix too, if there are some!

1 Like

Margot looks more complete to me too! As others have said, most people are probably familiar enough with the name to pronounce it correctly.

Margot looks beautiful!

I like both but prefer [name_f]Margot[/name_f], and I think it’s become popular enough people will either know how to pronounce it or they’ll catch on fast!

1 Like

Definitely [name_f]Margot[/name_f]! I agree with @midwinter that it’s well known enough that people will know how to pronounce it. [name_f]Margot[/name_f] is the most common spelling of the name too. [name_f]Margo[/name_f] looks odd to me and is a little like ‘cargo’.

1 Like

[name_f]Margo[/name_f] just looks incomplete to me. I feel like most people would know how to pronounce [name_f]Margot[/name_f].

I prefer [name_f]Margot[/name_f] and I personally don’t think many people will have an issue with its pronunciation. Maybe I’m wrong but to me it’s a classic and although it’s not widely used I feel like it’s widely known. [name_f]My[/name_f] favourite spelling is actually [name_f]Margaux[/name_f] which I suppose may throw some people off even more so than [name_f]Margot[/name_f]!

I’m in the minority here but I much prefer [name_f]Margo[/name_f]. [name_f]Margot[/name_f] makes me think of maggot lol. The only [name_f]Margo[/name_f]/t I know spells if without the T.

2 Likes

I get what you mean but I love [name_f]Margot[/name_f]!

I like the T spelling, I agree it looks more finished.

I agree! I also prefer [name_f]Margo[/name_f]

1 Like

I’m with you! [name_f]Margo[/name_f] is my all time favorite name and I spell it without the T. I was on the fence for a little while until I finally connected that it’s only a letter away from being maggot. Although I do see what people mean when they say it looks more complete. It’s still pretty to me either way. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I prefer [name_f]Margot[/name_f], although I like both. [name_f]Margot[/name_f] is the most common spelling though, and feels sweetly sophisticated to me. [name_f]Margo[/name_f] is a bit more sassy.

I much prefer the look of [name_f]Margot[/name_f]. While some people might pronounce the t, it’s a familiar enough name that most people will know how it’s pronounced, so I dont think it’s an issue. Alternatively, there is the [name_f]Margaux[/name_f] spelling, but I’m not a fan of that, and think it would cause more problems than [name_f]Margot[/name_f] for pronunciation, and more spelling issues

Margot gets my vote! It looks complete to me

I prefer [name_f]Margo[/name_f].