Margot & Arlo?

hi berries! wondering if you think [name_f]Margot[/name_f] and [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] are too similar for siblings, these are the only names my partner and I agree on…

I guess they could theoretically work, but they’re definitely too similar for me.

While they do seem a bit close, I dont think it’s a dealbreaker and they’re both lovely names. I know you said these are the only names you agree on- if you find any names that you like that vary with an additional syllable/consonant sound (i.e. [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] and [name_u]Arlo[/name_u]) that might help differentiate them more

1 Like

It isn’t in doable, but it is too similar for me personally. [name_m]How[/name_m] about…

[name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_m]Abel[/name_m]
[name_u]Asa[/name_u]
[name_m]Bodhi[/name_m]
[name_u]Ellis[/name_u]
[name_m]Enzo[/name_m]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_u]Finley[/name_u]
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m]
[name_m]Levi[/name_m]
[name_m]Leo[/name_m]
[name_u]Luca[/name_u]
[name_u]Nico[/name_u]
[name_u]Remy[/name_u]
[name_u]Rowan[/name_u]
[name_m]Roman[/name_m]
[name_u]Theo[/name_u]

1 Like

It’s a shame because they’re both great names but they’re a little too close to me. I suppose if you just couldn’t find any others then I’d say just do it but I’d definitely be trying to find others you agree on. A couple I feel are similar in style are:

[name_f]Matilda[/name_f]
[name_f]Olive[/name_f]
[name_f]Amelie[/name_f]
[name_u]June[/name_u]/[name_f]Juno[/name_f]
[name_f]Eleanor[/name_f]
[name_f]Thea[/name_f]
[name_u]Noa[/name_u]
[name_f]Clementine[/name_f]
[name_f]Willa[/name_f]
[name_f]Freya[/name_f]

[name_m]Milo[/name_m]
[name_m]Jasper[/name_m]
[name_u]August[/name_u]
[name_m]Otis[/name_m]
[name_m]Felix[/name_m]
[name_m]Atlas[/name_m]
[name_m]Otto[/name_m]
[name_m]Casper[/name_m]
[name_m]Elio[/name_m]
[name_u]Flynn[/name_u]

1 Like

On paper, they look fine. Unfortunately, when spoken, they are way too close. Maybe make one a middle name?

3 Likes

they are definitely a little too close for me, especially with the o sound ending. i love @shells15’s idea of using one as a middle name if you both really love the name :revolving_hearts:

3 Likes

I agree. I like the idea @shells15 has of using one as a middle name.

2 Likes

[name_f]Margot[/name_f]&[name_u]Arlo[/name_u] theoretically works but I personally think those names are too similar for siblings

Personally I would find them a bit too close in sound, but I think if those were only their nicknames (even if they almost exclusively went by their nicknames!) and one or both of them had longer names that sounded more distinct it would work.

Full name suggestion for [name_f]Margot[/name_f]:
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f]

Full name suggestions for [name_u]Arlo[/name_u]:
[name_m]Arthur[/name_m], [name_m]Charles[/name_m], [name_m]Orlando[/name_m]

They go together really well, they’re slightly similar but this makes it cuter as similar sibling names are sweet too, I’d go for it

If anything keep [name_u]Arlo[/name_u] and maybe find a full name for [name_f]Margot[/name_f]? Such as:
[name_f]Margarita[/name_f]
[name_f]Margaret[/name_f]
Margotta
Or even maybe pronounce [name_f]Margot[/name_f] as [name_f]Mar[/name_f]-Got, still lovely and people do in fact pronounce it like that although it isn’t as common as the original pronunciation.