Mariella

Opinions on this name? Can’t us [name_f]Mary[/name_f] or [name_f]Maryellen[/name_f] or [name_u]Marian[/name_u] but would like a [name_f]Mary[/name_f] based name.

Also, how do you pronounce, [name_f]Mary[/name_f]-ella, Mahr-ee-ella or [name_f]Merry[/name_f]-ella?
[name_f]Sib[/name_f] would be [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]. Possibly middle name [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] as an honor name, but open to suggestions.

Sounds like 2 names smooshed together, which I’m not a huge fan of. I just think of “marry [name_f]Ella[/name_f]” when I hear it. I would pronounce it [name_f]Mary[/name_f]-ella/[name_f]Merry[/name_f]-ella (I pronounce both the same!).

Here are some other suggestions: [name_f]Marisol[/name_f], [name_f]Maris[/name_f], [name_f]Mariel[/name_f], [name_f]Maren[/name_f], [name_u]Meredith[/name_u], [name_f]Marigold[/name_f], or [name_f]Meryl[/name_f]? I know most of those are not actually [name_f]Mary[/name_f]-based names, but they all keep the sound.

I love [name_f]Mariella[/name_f]!! I think it’s such a cute name that transitions well throughout all stages of life. I pronounce it [name_f]Mare[/name_f]-ee-ella ([name_f]Mary[/name_f]-ella).

I slightly prefer [name_f]Mariel[/name_f] or [name_f]Marielle[/name_f]. I too pronounce [name_f]Mary[/name_f]-ella and [name_f]Merry[/name_f]-ella the same way and that is how I would pronounce this name. Marilena is another idea that occurs to me.

I love [name_f]Mariella[/name_f]! I would never pronounce it as “mary-ella” though because [name_f]Mariella[/name_f] is a name that’s pretty common in a lot of other languages and is usually pronounced “mahr-ee-ella” in those languages. It’s a variant of [name_f]Maria[/name_f], not [name_f]Mary[/name_f], technically, although obviously they’re related.

[name_f]Lovely[/name_f] choice. But definitely prefer mar-ee-ella instead of mary-ella.

I like the sound of [name_f]Mariella[/name_f], but my hesitation is that it is a bit smushed together. Perhaps [name_f]Marilla[/name_f]?

Hmm [name_f]Mariella[/name_f] is not my style. Have you thought about [name_f]Marie[/name_f]? I like it as a sister name for [name_f]Anna[/name_f] :slight_smile:

I think [name_f]Martha[/name_f] [name_u]Lynn[/name_u] would be a nice sister for [name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]

X

[name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f] is so pretty! I do like [name_f]Mariella[/name_f], but I’m not sure about pronunciation. What about [name_f]Rosemary[/name_f]? It’s still [name_f]Mary[/name_f] based, but at the end. [name_f]Marisol[/name_f] is another that could be an option.