Matching with last name help?

Hey all! I’m brand new to Nameberry. Been lurking for a while, but I finally have a reason to start posting. :slight_smile: My Dh and I are trying for a baby, and I thought I would get a jump on getting my naming lists ready (my favorite part!).

My problem is our last name… It’s pronounced SIR-KNEE and starts with a c and ends with a y. I have no trouble finding names I like, but they don’t seem to fit with my last name. For example, I love the names Vesper, Ingrid, Scarlett and Adair – but I am not sure how well they match my surname? I’d love some suggestions, if anyone has any, for girl names that might sound good with our last name. Am open to any suggestions; I know you guys are awesome at whipping up name combos. :smiley:

[name]Hi[/name], and welcome! Here are some ideas:

[name]Adele[/name] or [name]Adeline[/name]
[name]Ada[/name]
[name]Clara[/name]
[name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Georgia
Greta[/name]
[name]Helena[/name]
[name]Linnea[/name]
[name]Margot[/name]

I think [name]Ingrid[/name] Sir-Knee sounds fantastic. I would steer clear of names with heavy S sounds or Y endings, but otherwise I think you have lots of options.

I think names with strong L or N sounds would match beautifully. I like kyemsma’s suggestions of [name]Linnea[/name], [name]Helena[/name], [name]Fiona[/name], [name]Adele[/name], and [name]Eleanor[/name]

[name]Adela[/name]
[name]Delilah[/name]
[name]Jillian[/name]
[name]Juniper[/name]

You can do a harsher name, as long as it’s balanced.
[name]Katrina[/name] Sir-knee sounds great.
[name]Greta[/name]
[name]Petra[/name]
[name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Piper[/name]