Matchy or Mismatched Siblings?

DH said the other day “I would be okay with three girls because it would mean we could use [name_f]Felicity[/name_f], [name_u]Reese[/name_u], and [name_u]Parker[/name_u]” - which is big because he likes the idea of two kids more than three. Those are our top girls names (and they are very different stylistically) but since we don’t have kids and aren’t planning to in the immediate future, it’s just fun to think about the different combinations should we have three girls (or any combination for that matter).

Would you just use your favorites even if they aren’t the most cohesive? If not, what would you name siblings to daughter(s) [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] and/or [name_u]Reese[/name_u] and/or [name_u]Parker[/name_u]? Are there any names we might be missing?

Boys: [name_u]Brooks[/name_u], [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m], [name_m]Luke[/name_m], [name_u]Reid[/name_u]/Reed, [name_u]Callum[/name_u]/Calum, [name_u]Micah[/name_u], [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
Girls: [name_u]Riley[/name_u], [name_f]Brynn[/name_f], [name_f]Hazel[/name_f], [name_u]Blair[/name_u], [name_u]Blake[/name_u], [name_f]Erin[/name_f], [name_f]Isabel[/name_f], [name_f]Lilia[/name_f], [name_u]Bailey[/name_u], [name_f]Paige[/name_f], [name_f]Aurora[/name_f]

1 Like

I would use my favorites even if they weren’t cohesive (with a few exceptions). Your children wouldn’t be introduced together forever, and frequently people don’t even think of how sibling names sound together. Names grow on their wearer’s, and most people don’t spend too much time thinking about the names of other people.

3 Likes

Reese and [name_u]Parker[/name_u] are great together of course. I would try to be cohesive with my children, but that’s just me. Keep in mind, that just because something doesn’t seem cohesive to me or others, doesn’t mean it isn’t cohesive to you. That being said, I’ll make some random sibsets out of your names! (3 tops of course lol).

Reese, [name_u]Parker[/name_u], & [name_u]Blake[/name_u]
[name_u]Reese[/name_u], [name_u]Parker[/name_u], & [name_u]Blair[/name_u]
[name_u]Parker[/name_u], [name_u]Reese[/name_u], & [name_f]Paige[/name_f]
[name_u]Reese[/name_u], [name_u]Parker[/name_u], & [name_f]Brynn[/name_f]
[name_u]Reese[/name_u], [name_u]Parker[/name_u] & [name_u]Riley[/name_u]

Reese, [name_u]Parker[/name_u], & [name_u]Reid[/name_u] (too close?)
[name_u]Reese[/name_u], [name_u]Parker[/name_u], & [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
[name_u]Reese[/name_u], [name_u]Parker[/name_u], & [name_u]Brooks[/name_u]

1 Like

Personally I try to be cohesive in style but that’s just me.

1 Like

I think I’d tried to be cohesive but if those are your favourite names when you do have kids then go for it.

1 Like

If they’re your favourite names then I say use them. Yes, we all love a cohesive sibset, but beyond childhood when are you ever introduced with your siblings as a group? I think it’s more important that you use a name because you love it than because it goes nicely with your others.

1 Like

I don’t think this would be an issue, particularly as @almostactually said, they won’t be introduced as a sibset forever and they’ll grow into their individual names. Yes [name_u]Parker[/name_u] and [name_u]Reese[/name_u] feel quite similar and [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] is a different style but I don’t think they’re terribly mismatched. Also, you could make them feel more cohesive with their middle names for example [name_f]Felicity[/name_f]’s mn could be something more gender neutral such as [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_u]Blake[/name_u] or [name_f]Felicity[/name_f] [name_u]Bryn[/name_u](n) and [name_u]Reese[/name_u] and [name_u]Parker[/name_u] could have softer, more elegant middles [name_u]Reese[/name_u] [name_f]Aurora[/name_f] and [name_u]Parker[/name_u] [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] (from your list). So I personally would just go with your favourites if you love them. There’s no point choosing names just because they typically ‘go together’ if you don’t really love them as much as your favourite names! Does that make sense, I feel like I rambled on there haha!

3 Likes