Matchy twin names

I just found an Instagram account of a mom with twin girls named [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] and [name_u]Crimson[/name_u]. How do you guys feel about the names individually and as a twin set?

1 Like

I think they are matchy but different enough that it would be a non issue!

I think [name_f]Eva[/name_f] and [name_f]Ava[/name_f] or [name_f]Alana[/name_f] and [name_f]Alaina[/name_f] would be too much for me personally

I think this sort of matching is sweet. I prefer it to same first initials or rhyming names.

[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] :+1: Like it

[name_u]Crimson[/name_u] :neutral_face: Not a fan at all

[name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] + [name_u]Crimson[/name_u] :flushed: Oh no…

It’s just SO matchy! I feel like they would both get called [name_u]Red[/name_u] to simplify things. :joy: Give me [name_f]Eva[/name_f] and [name_f]Ava[/name_f] or [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] and [name_f]Sophie[/name_f] any day! Synonyms are just too close. If [name_u]Crimson[/name_u] lives in [name_f]Alabama[/name_f] I hope she’s a [name_f]Bama[/name_f] fan… Her middle isn’t [name_m]Tide[/name_m] is it?

2 Likes

Scarlett and Ruby is cuter to me… just because I really don’t like the name Crimson. :rofl:

Scarlett & Seraphina is cute! Or Scarlett & Sloane!

But even Scarlett and Ruby is a little too matchy for me - unless for some reason the color red is incredibly significant to her in some big way?

2 Likes

I like [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] but [name_u]Crimson[/name_u] doesn’t do it for me at all.

2 Likes

Oh, yeah, I follow them on TikTok! Their names are [name_u]Crimson[/name_u] [name_f]Lana[/name_f] and [name_f]Scarlett[/name_f] [name_f]Leia[/name_f]. They’re having another baby girl and are planning on following the “red” theme. They’ve mentioned that they like [name_u]Auburn[/name_u].

Personally, I like the girls’ names, just not together. They’re very different vibes even if they have the same meaning.

4 Likes

Omg [name_u]Crimson[/name_u] and [name_u]Auburn[/name_u] would hilarious :joy:

I like when twin names are cohesive, but still their own.

I’m a twin, and my brother and I received middle names after our grandparents… [name_m]Garrett[/name_m] & [name_f]Margaret[/name_f].

[name_f]My[/name_f] parents never realized the similarities in the names until I pointed them out! Lol But its a nice way that my brother and I are connected (not only by our honor names, but by are similar mns).

2 Likes

I came across the account a few days ago and wasn’t sure what I thought. In the end I decided that name combo for twins/siblings wasn’t for me.

1 Like