Mats, Hjalmar or Joseph?

I would go with [name_m]Mats[/name_m] [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] [name_m]Hjalmar[/name_m]

1 Like

Go with your heart!
[name_m]Mats[/name_m] sounds like he might suit the sibset a little more :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like [name_m]Hjalmar[/name_m] or [name_m]Joseph[/name_m]!

1 Like

We have been trying out different names different weeks… Sometimes he does go by all three. Now we’re back to calling him [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] after a couple of weeks of [name_m]Mats[/name_m] and [name_m]Hjalmar[/name_m] respectively. Maybe it will be easier when the older siblings go back to school and I get some quiet time at home with the baby to think clearly :slight_smile:

Thank you all for your input! [name_u]Truly[/name_u] appreciated! The name that got the most votes actually seems to be [name_m]Mats[/name_m]. Didn’t see that coming :slight_smile:. When the older kids go back to school I will take some quiet time to think and decide. I will let you know what I decided. Thanks again for taking your time to reply! :blush:

1 Like

I’m a bit late, but after seeing and sounding out the names, what about calling him [name_m]Josh[/name_m]? I love [name_m]Joe[/name_m] as a nickname for [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] as well, and might be more natural, but [name_m]Josh[/name_m] has that ‘s’/‘sj’/‘j’ sound that I can somewhat hear in the ‘ts’ in [name_m]Mats[/name_m] and ‘hj’ in [name_m]Hjalmar[/name_m]. [name_m]Even[/name_m] with pronunciation differences, the S and H are still present in spelling.
From your posts I kinda get the feeling that [name_m]Joseph[/name_m] is your favourite. Smart and reasonable is a valid reason to name your child and you’ll never know what your or his life will bring that might change your heart melting about [name_m]Mats[/name_m] and [name_m]Hjalmar[/name_m].
Regardless of which one you choose, you can still make a point out of including his middle names as much as you can: hang a great name sign in his bedroom, put it on name labels you stick onto his stuff, personalize a t-shirt, put it on his birthday cake, etc. [name_m]Just[/name_m] so you still get to use those a lot, and who knows; maybe if he hears them a lot (if he turns out pretty naughty, you might get to call him by all three of his names a lot anyways :wink:), he might develop a preference for one of them, and then it doesn’t matter anymore what you think or feel haha.

So, in short: I’d say use [name_m]Joseph[/name_m]. Nickname [name_m]Joe[/name_m] or [name_m]Josh[/name_m]. But make a point of using [name_m]Mats[/name_m] and [name_m]Hjalmar[/name_m] a lot too.