Matt Damon's New Baby Girl Stella

[name]Matt[/name] [name]Damon[/name] and his wife had another baby girl [name]Stella[/name]. My question: why would he name her [name]Stella[/name] when he already has an [name]Isabella[/name]? Kind of an unimaginative choice for such creative person, don’t you think! Congrats to the person who won the contest by choosing [name]Stella[/name]!

This is posted in the Celebrity [name]Baby[/name] Names section. Here is a re-posting of my post:

I agree. Although it wasn’t my guess ([name]Caia[/name] was), I do think [name]Stella[/name] was an excellent guess. Why? Well, after posting my own guess, I realized that the [name]Damon[/name]'s have two girls with -ia names - [name]Alexia[/name] and [name]Gia[/name] - and just one girl with a -la name - [name]Isabella[/name]. So, it did occur to me that they might try to even the score with a two-syllable name ending in -la. I was just hoping that it wouldn’t be [name]Stella[/name], considering it shares a complete ending with [name]Isabella[/name], -ella. In fact, I was hoping they would choose [name]Calla[/name], which ends in -la like [name]Isabella[/name], has two-syllables like [name]Gia[/name], and is Greek like [name]Alexia[/name]. I even worked out this scheme (A b C d e f G h I) that shows a C name is perfect for them, because #1 has an A, #2 has an I, #3 has a G, so #4 should have a C-name based on the alphabet - ha!

As for middle names, I’m rather irked that they chose Zavala, considering that is also [name]Gia[/name]'s middle name. However, they do seem to like Z’s in those middle names, considering Zavala starts with a Z and [name]Luciana[/name]'s name is [name]Luciana[/name] Bozan Barroso. I was hoping for something like [name]Calla[/name] [name]Zamora[/name] [name]Damon[/name] ([name]Zamora[/name] is a Spanish surname like Zavala), [name]Calla[/name] [name]Baez[/name] [name]Damon[/name] ([name]Baez[/name] is also a Spanish surname), or [name]Calla[/name] [name]Beatriz[/name] [name]Damon[/name].

Overall, I do think that [name]Stella[/name] Zavala is a pretty name. Congrats to the [name]Damon[/name]'s!

Yes [name]Lemon[/name]. I realize that fact. [name]Just[/name] wanted to get some other Nameberry opinions.

I agree that it seems a little silly to name your daughter [name]Stella[/name] if you already have an [name]Isabella[/name]! I never would have saw that one coming, I mean, when I was making my guess, I ignored names beginning with A because they already had [name]Alexia[/name] but obviously they didn’t give it as much thought! Lol.

On the other hand, I can see that they now have a “balance” - [name]Alexia[/name] and [name]Gia[/name], [name]Isabella[/name] and [name]Stella[/name]. The difference is though, that [name]Alexia[/name] and [name]Gia[/name], while they have the same endings, are totally different names with a different number of syllables so they don’t feel liek they rhyme. [name]Isabella[/name] and [name]Stella[/name] rhyme so much it seems a bit like a joke :S

Oh well, celebrities eh? They make interesting choices! :slight_smile:

Yes, I saw this too and thought it was odd! Although [name]Stella[/name] is my ultimate favorite girl name, I already have a [name]Gabriella[/name] (DH didn’t like the name [name]Stella[/name] when we named her :p) so PROBABLY wouldn’t choose [name]Stella[/name] for [name]Gabriella[/name]'s sister! Oh well. I really like the “balance” ljandrl/[name]Laura[/name] pointed out. :wink: I’ll chalk it up to that!