Matteo

What are your thoughts on the name [name_m]Matteo[/name_m]? [name_f]Do[/name_f] you think people would call him [name_m]Matt[/name_m]? [name_f]My[/name_f] husband and I both like [name_m]Matteo[/name_m] but he is not sure about it because he doesn’t like the name [name_m]Matt[/name_m].

1 Like

I like [name_m]Matteo[/name_m], and I don’t see [name_m]Matt[/name_m] being unavoidable. It would surprise me for anyone to assume that nickname for a [name_m]Matteo[/name_m], honestly. I would worry about it! :slight_smile:

1 Like

As long as you let everyone know this is what he is called, and what he is not going to be called, it will be fine. [name_m]Just[/name_m] be aware that your son may choose a different nickname for himself when he gets older.

1 Like

I love [name_m]Matteo[/name_m]! You might get [name_m]Matt[/name_m] occasionally, but I don’t think it’s inevitable.

1 Like

I love [name_m]Matteo[/name_m]. I don’t see [name_m]Matt[/name_m] as a nn for [name_m]Matteo[/name_m], i would think is nn is [name_m]Teo[/name_m], which i love.

The emphasis is on the “teo” part in [name_m]Matteo[/name_m] right? I think that makes it less likely compared to [name_m]Matthew[/name_m].

You could have [name_m]Teo[/name_m] for short :slight_smile:

Matteo makes my heart happy! :heart: So handsome! It’s been a name I have loved for a long time, but realistically won’t use. There’s a possibility some may call him “[name_m]Matt[/name_m]”, but I wouldn’t let that stop you if you love the name. I do not think [name_m]Matt[/name_m] would be an assumed nn from most. I also agree that [name_m]Teo[/name_m] is an adorable nn if people want to use one. :slight_smile:

Matteo sounds cool. It’s one of those names that sounds to me like the person would be extremely handsome!

I do think he’s be called [name_m]Matt[/name_m], at least by his buddies. But there’s no way of knowing.

I love [name_m]Matteo[/name_m]! I know a few and not one of them has ever been called [name_m]Matt[/name_m]. That includes some teenage boys I’ve taught and again, friends only ever called them [name_m]Matteo[/name_m].

LOVE :heart: the name [name_m]Matteo[/name_m]! I really don’t think that he would be called [name_m]Matt[/name_m]. One of my friends has a baby boy named [name_m]Matteo[/name_m] and since day one that’s how he gets called. I had never even think of calling him [name_m]Matt[/name_m]. I wouldn’t worry about it.

I love it

Def not. [name_m]Matt[/name_m] and [name_m]Matteo[/name_m] are said differently (at least to me), so I think he’d more likely get [name_m]Teo[/name_m] than he would [name_m]Matt[/name_m]-if any nickname at all

I love [name_m]Matteo[/name_m] !

Matteo is lovely, handsome & has a gorgeous Mediterranean vibe. I think [name_m]Matt[/name_m] could be used as a nickname potentially but honestly I do think people would just call him [name_m]Matteo[/name_m]. [name_m]Matt[/name_m] doesn’t feel like a natural nickname for [name_m]Matteo[/name_m] like it does for [name_m]Matthew[/name_m].

Matteo is very charming. The only one i know went by his full name. No one called him [name_m]Matt[/name_m]

Matteo is nice! I’m also not too keen on [name_m]Matt[/name_m], he could go by [name_m]Teo[/name_m]/Theo!

I love [name_m]Matteo[/name_m]! It’s so handsome. To me, [name_m]Teo[/name_m] is the more obvious nickname. But if you love the name, use it!

I know a little boy named [name_m]Matteo[/name_m], his nn is [name_m]Teo[/name_m]!!

I love [name_m]Matteo[/name_m] so much!! I don’t think people would instinctively call him [name_m]Matt[/name_m] but some people might…