Mauz Mosley Muniz

I had never heard of the actor [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] Muniz before now, but this is what he named his son. Thoughts? Personally I’m not a fan and find it kind of hard to say.

6 Likes

How is it pronounced? [name_f]My[/name_f] first thought was “mouse”…

2 Likes

It rhymes with pause. Sort of like Maws.

1 Like

I think it’s an awesome name, I really love alliterations.

5 Likes

love [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] Muniz!!
I definitely think it’s an interesting, unexpected choice!!
I wonder if Mauz is an honor, it’s so fascinating! They’ve said it means “strength/protector”. They’ve also said [name_f]Mosley[/name_f] is after the character from Moville Mysteries, which I’m not familiar with, but I guess it’s meaningful to them!

The more I think about it, the more I like it. Especially Mauz Muniz. the alliteration is cool, and it sounds like the name of a character from a novel or something. Either way, it’s definitely refreshing to see something new and exciting. (not that there’s anything wrong with more common names, it’s just always nice to hear something new!!)

(Also, saying it loud, I’m not the biggest fan of the middle but I think it’s okay because people don’t use their middles that often anyway)

2 Likes

I 100% thought this was for a girl-

1 Like

Not a fan of the repeating sounds nor the names

2 Likes

Omg I had the biggest crush on [name_u]Frankie[/name_u] Muniz! :sweat_smile:

I love alliteration names when they sound good, and this naming choice sounds pretty cool to me. I like it!

5 Likes

@skylerros really? Mauz sounds more masculine to me, how interesting!

@VioletMoon oh my gosh, I thought I was the only one! :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

yeah it does to me as well

it’s nice! I don’t love it, don’t hate it.

1 Like

Having been to [name_f]Mosley[/name_f] (Birmingham, UK) a fair few times - that gave me pause - and not a particularly intuitive set of pronunciations for the child (In Mauz or [name_f]Mosley[/name_f]) but the alliteration sounds pretty cool.

1 Like

Frankie Muniz was a childhood crush of mine - I’ve got to say though, I’m not keen on the name choice :confused: it just sounds a bit awkward when I say it out loud?

1 Like

I think [name_f]Mosley[/name_f] is cute, but I’m not a fan of Mauz or the alliteration. I prefer [name_m]Moss[/name_m] to Mauz.

1 Like

In a world where most dont live by their full name but mostly their first and last, I’m really not liking Mauz Muniz… I feel [name_f]Mosley[/name_f] breaks it up some but just the duo seems off.

Mauz isn’t my cup of tea but visually I see it’s appeal. Visually it seems really masculine and I get a rocker vibe from it. Sound wise I get @skylerros feminine vibe—- seems like “Ma” with an accent.

I wonder if Mauz will now take off?

2 Likes

I doubt it. :slight_smile: