Maxen, Macsen, Maxon

I wanted to name my son [name_u]Max[/name_u]; however, I think with his middle name it didn’t quite sound right. His middle name is paul and I thought it sounded too weird as [name_u]Max[/name_u] [name_m]Paul[/name_m] and also wanted something more unique instead of just [name_u]Max[/name_u]. So we decided we liked [name_m]Maxen[/name_m], [name_m]Macsen[/name_m], [name_m]Maxon[/name_m] but are not sure which spelling is best. we are more leaning towards [name_m]Maxen[/name_m]. Any opinions would be great on spelling at what you think of the name itself

I really like [name_m]Maxen[/name_m]!! Second choise is [name_m]Macsen[/name_m]. I dislike how [name_m]Maxon[/name_m] sounds.

I vote [name_m]Maxen[/name_m] as well, with [name_m]Macsen[/name_m] as #2.

I’m not a fan of the name itself, not my style - personally I would go for [name_m]Maximus[/name_m], [name_m]Maxwell[/name_m] or [name_m]Maximilian[/name_m]. Between the three though I would pick [name_m]Maxen[/name_m] for sure. The spelling of [name_m]Macsen[/name_m] looks strange to me and [name_m]Maxon[/name_m] looks far too trendy (and depending where you are is the name of a well known motor company).

I would go for [name_m]Macsen[/name_m]. The ‘x’ looks slightly trendier to me, whereas [name_m]Macsen[/name_m] is a classic due to its historical and mythological roots (I think I’m right in saying it’s the Welsh version of [name_m]Maximus[/name_m]? Correct me if I’m wrong, I haven’t looked it up recently). Another [name_u]Max[/name_u]- name you might like is [name_m]Maksim[/name_m]/[name_m]Maxim[/name_m] (max-EEM) - it’s a shorter form of Maksimilian.

I agree with everything ciottolo said!

I love the suggestions of [name_m]Maxim[/name_m] and [name_m]Maximus[/name_m]! Out of your choices, I say [name_m]Maxen[/name_m]. [name_m]Macsen[/name_m] looks too phonetic/kr8tyv for my liking, even if it does have history. As for [name_m]Maxon[/name_m] and [name_m]Maxen[/name_m], I just think the latter looks more attractive.