"Mc" names

I’m having a daughter. I’m really into “Mic” names such as [name_f]Michaela[/name_f] ([name_f]McKayla[/name_f]) and McKenzie.

My husband and I are also looking into maybe naming my daughter McKaylee. I mean if [name_f]Michaela[/name_f] can be a name, why can’t McKaylee?

We are also thinking of McKylie or McKyla.

What are your thoughts? [name_m]How[/name_m] should they be spelled?

McKaylee? Mikaylee? Or something else?

McKylie? Mikylie? Or something else?

McKyla? Mikyla? Or something else?

If you REALLY love “mic” names I say spell it however you like!

If you want the Mc sound McKyla makes more sense. Mikyla I would pronounce more like mi-[name_f]Kyla[/name_f] rather than McKyla.

My favorite “Mc” name is makenna or [name_f]Michaela[/name_f].

To be honest, McKylie might as well be mckayla or mc[name_f]Kinsley[/name_f]…they blend into all other Mc-names. [name_m]Just[/name_m] personal preference but I’d prefer a more classic version like [name_f]Michaela[/name_f] or just [name_f]Kyla[/name_f] or even [name_f]Kaylee[/name_f] if you like that.

I agree with the above–I prefer the more classic [name_f]Michaela[/name_f] to McKyla, and [name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u] to McKenzie. It just feels a bit more substantial to me. I always associate “Mc” with the Irish meaning of “son.”

I agree with pp’s. I much prefer [name_f]Michaela[/name_f], spelled that way, to any other Mc- names. They just feel made up/ too trendy to me personally. It’s totally your decision though, so you should use whatever you like best!

If you are going to make up a name then I don’t think there really are any rules as to how the name should be spelled. I would recommend asking a LOT of people to try and pronounce it first before naming your child and also get comfortable with the idea that her name will probably be unintentionally misspelled/mispronounced by people and she’ll never be able to find her name on a coffee cup at Disney World. If that’s all minor to you, then go for it. It’s 100% your preference.

I’m not a fan of Mc names. [name_f]Michaela[/name_f] is the best of them

The prefix Mc (which is short for [name_m]Mac[/name_m]) means “son of” in Gaelic. For the reason I personally don’t prefer Mc names on girls but like others have said this is totally your preference. I would stick to well known names though that have already been embraced on the girl side, like [name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u] or [name_f]Michaela[/name_f] if you like that sound.

Stick to [name_f]Michaela[/name_f] or [name_u]Mackenzie[/name_u]. The others are tacky and instantly dated.

Please reconsider.

I love McKenzie!

Other favorites are [name_f]McKenna[/name_f], [name_u]McKinley[/name_u] and McKennon.

The Mc part bothers me because I think of a last name like [name_m]McDonald[/name_m]. I think Mikaylie is very cute! I don’t see why not. It’d just be like a variation of [name_f]Makayla[/name_f].

That’s a good name.