Mcinkat Baby

I saw a lot of posts recently asking what you lovely Berries would name X’s baby.

I haven’t been active on the forums much, and those of you who know I already have 3 babes are going to think I’m crazy, but I’ve gotten another positive pregnancy test!

I’m absolutely overwhelmed at the idea of [name_u]Baby[/name_u] #4 (we’ll have 4 under 4)… but here we go!

What would you name my 4th, boy or girl? (Siblings’ names in usercard.)

5 Likes

Your children have absolutely stunning names!

I think I would name a
sister: [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] [name_f]Calliope[/name_f], [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f] [name_u]Vesper[/name_u], [name_f]Guinevere[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], or [name_f]Winifred[/name_f] [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
brother: [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m] [name_m]Caspian[/name_m], [name_m]Rupert[/name_m] [name_u]Oberon[/name_u], [name_m]Lorcan[/name_m] [name_m]Emrys[/name_m], or [name_m]Cyrus[/name_m] [name_m]Finnian[/name_m]

1 Like

Oberon or [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]!

1 Like

I like the suggestion of [name_f]Gwendolyn[/name_f].

Also like: [name_f]Gaia[/name_f], [name_f]Delphine[/name_f], [name_f]Coraline[/name_f], [name_f]Cressida[/name_f], [name_f]Araminta[/name_f] / [name_m]Lysander[/name_m], [name_m]Cedric[/name_m], [name_u]Jasper[/name_u], [name_m]Aurelian[/name_m], [name_m]Alaric[/name_m], [name_m]Cornelius[/name_m], [name_m]Percival[/name_m]

1 Like

Wow, congratulations!

Maybe…
[name_f]Wilhelmina[/name_f]
[name_f]Isolde[/name_f]
[name_u]Antonia[/name_u]
[name_f]Cassandra[/name_f]
[name_f]Althea[/name_f]
[name_f]Ariadne[/name_f]
[name_f]Pandora[/name_f]
Also seconding [name_f]Isadora[/name_f] and [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]!

Magnus
[name_m]Atticus[/name_m]
[name_m]Finnegan[/name_m]
[name_u]Sullivan[/name_u]
[name_u]Winslow[/name_u]
[name_u]Quentin[/name_u]
[name_u]Tristan[/name_u]
And seconding [name_u]Oberon[/name_u] and [name_m]Emrys[/name_m]!

1 Like

Thank you! You hit on a bunch of names I like, if only I can convince my husband :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

So many swoon-worthy names! Thank you!

1 Like

Never really considered [name_u]Oberon[/name_u]… will give it thought! I love [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f], but hubs does not :confused:

Thank you! <3

1 Like

Oh my goodness, oh my goodness, oh my goodness, I’m so excited for you and you have no idea how eager I am to hear what you name this one!!! Please post about them this time round, will you?

I hope we are pregnant together again! Trying this month for the first time…

Anyways, topic… I’mma have a think on this and I’ll be back.

Thank you! I’m getting excited too (after being totally taken aback!). I promise I’ll try to post an announcement this time around!

Good luck TTC!

@hyacinthbucket @katinka and anyone else who was disappointed I didn’t post about my sons’ names, these are the announcement posts I made on FB following their births:

[name_m]Evander[/name_m] [name_m]Hawthorn[/name_m], often called [name_u]Van[/name_u] or [name_m]Vander[/name_m]

While [name_f]Hermione[/name_f] was a whirlwind born into a calm that followed the chaos of [name_f]Hurricane[/name_f] [name_m]Harvey[/name_m], [name_m]Evander[/name_m] has been a calm within the chaos of our personal hurricane–the move into our first home and the growth of our freelance careers.

Evander [name_m]Hawthorn[/name_m] is a name that my husband and I discussed long before our marriage but which felt almost too distinguished for a tiny human. But as we’ve delved into the names, we’ve learned to love the combination for our son more and more.

Evander was a mythological figure credited with introducing the Greek alphabet, arts, law, and some of the pantheon. As a Hellenophile that’s studied much Greek literature, I feel a personal affinity for the contrast between the eloquence that can be achieved through the written word and the simplicity of the name’s actual meaning: “good man.” Similarly, our son will have the option to use his robust name in full or one of its approachable nicknames, like [name_u]Van[/name_u].

As for [name_m]Hawthorn[/name_m]… I was taken with the knowledge that there are two [name_u]Marian[/name_u] titles that roughly translate to “Our [name_f]Lady[/name_f] of Hawthorns.” [name_f]October[/name_f] is a solemn month for our family–one that saw the passing of my sister and grandfather and should have seen the birth of my husband’s sister–and as such, I’ve been contemplating life and loss and the love that is threaded through both. I began to think, “What a way to honor those we’ve loved… by honoring the mother of our [name_m]Lord[/name_m], who suffered the same.” However tangential the nominal relationship may be, I hope it reminds our son of the protection and love he can expect both from his earthly and heavenly parents.

Lastly, [name_m]Evander[/name_m] [name_m]Hawthorn[/name_m] can be summed up as a name combination that, like his sister’s, incorporates Greek, literary, natural, and spiritual elements. [name_f]May[/name_f] those meanings and those we’ve yet to discover be a source of comfort and guidance to him through his life.

[name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] [name_m]Alasdair[/name_m], often called [name_u]Pip[/name_u] or [name_u]Pippin[/name_u]

Derived from the Latin Peregrinus, [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] etymologically shares roots with the word pilgrim and is often assigned meanings like “traveler.” [name_m]Alasdair[/name_m] is the Scottish version of [name_m]Alexander[/name_m], meaning “defender of men.”

From an Italian skeptic of the faith, who became a renowned priest and healer, to Tolkien’s “fool of a Took,” who became a knighted hero, [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] is a name used extensively among historic and literary figures.

I was struck, however, by the saint’s and the hobbit’s shared redemption arcs. Reflecting on phases of my own failures and faithlessness, I considered these men. We all have moments of open defiance or simple negligence that lead us astray personally and spiritually, and I pray their stories remind our son that he’ll always be welcomed by his earthly and heavenly parents. That we rejoice in how far he’ll roam, from exploring Celtic ties to advocating for the needy at home. And we hope that, when all seems lost, he has an intuitive sense of direction and returns swiftly to us and to himself–with the speed of the world’s fastest bird, the [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u] falcon.

Anyone interested can find [name_f]Hermione[/name_f]’s birth announcement on my profile (“She’s Here”) :slight_smile:

5 Likes

There aren’t enough heart buttons!!! Their names are so beautiful and the meanings behind them just sing!

1 Like

These are so lovely, all the many layers of meaning upon meaning :heart:

Thank you for sharing @mcinkat. Would you like me to include [name_u]Peregrine[/name_u]’s name in the next Babyberry birth announcements blog?

2 Likes

Rosaline or [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]
[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f]
[name_f]Galatea[/name_f]
[name_f]Imogen[/name_f]
[name_f]Beatrix[/name_f]
[name_f]Esmeralda[/name_f]

Florian
[name_m]Benvolio[/name_m]
[name_m]Caspian[/name_m]
[name_m]Macario[/name_m]
[name_u]Willoughby[/name_u]
I agree [name_u]Oberon[/name_u] would fit nicely with your set.

Imogen [name_u]Phaedra[/name_u] or Florian [name_m]Malachite[/name_m] would be my picks right now.

Sisters H3rm1one and [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] sound perfect, but with [name_f]Imogen[/name_f] I would flip the Classic/Celtic to Celtic/Classic… of course keeping the Shakespearean flair throughout.

1 Like

[name_f]Philippa[/name_f] [name_f]Judith[/name_f]
[name_f]Calliope[/name_f] [name_f]Delphine[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiona[/name_f] [name_u]Briar[/name_u]
[name_f]Lavinia[/name_f] [name_f]Opal[/name_f]

[name_m]Acacius[/name_m] [name_u]Flynn[/name_u]
[name_m]Leonidas[/name_m] [name_u]Brook[/name_u]
[name_m]Augustus[/name_m] [name_m]Caspar[/name_m]
[name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]

1 Like

No, thank you. He was born in [name_u]March[/name_u], so it feels a little late. I’ll definitely post with #4 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ugh so many cool names! [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] has been growing on me, but I can only imagine my hubby’s reaction haha

1 Like

I was just thinking of [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] again today! I’m really digging [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] [name_f]Ursa[/name_f]…

Imogen is one of those names that I love on paper (and agree it looks perfect with [name_f]Hermione[/name_f]), but when I say it, it always seems like I’m saying it wrong. Maybe because I’m from the [name_u]South[/name_u] instead of the Northeast or UK or something?

1 Like

Congratulations! !!!
Your children’s names are just lovely!

I’ll think over some suggestions…
I agree about [name_m]Barnaby[/name_m] being a good match, I really like it myself but my husband doesn’t like it… Does make it hard to find something perfect but I’m absolutely sure you will.

1 Like