Mcinkat Fourth and Final Has Arrived

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone!

Sorry for the long absence, but our fourth and final baby arrived earlier this month and is named…

R0samund Ur$a!

She joins big siblings H3rmione 3lowen, 3vander Hawth0rn, and P3regrine Ala$dair :slight_smile:

About her name…

[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] is a [name_m]German[/name_m] name meaning “horse protection” that has picked up the folkloric meaning “rose of the world” because of its visual similarity to the Latin phrase rosa mundi. [name_f]Ursa[/name_f] is a Latin name meaning “little bear.”

In thinking about these diverse meanings, I explored several stories. I thought of the sister I lost, whose birthday was our daughter’s due date, and the fact that their birth month’s flower is the rose. I thought about the Virgin [name_f]Mary[/name_f], who is associated with roses as an icon of someone blooming among thorns. I thought of the constellations [name_f]Ursa[/name_f] [name_m]Major[/name_m] and [name_f]Ursa[/name_f] [name_m]Minor[/name_m], the mother and son bears who chase each other across the sky. I thought of untethered horses and a martyred saint, the ways we ought to be free and the people and causes worth tying ourselves to.

I hope, through her name, that our daughter is reminded of the unending, unconditional love of her earthly and heavenly parents–even when either or both are hard to believe. I hope that her name is a reminder to protect that which is wonderfully wild within nature and within herself. And I hope it is a reminder of unbridled curiosity and steadfast resilience in the face of sorrow and adversity.

43 Likes

Congrats! such a sweet name!

1 Like

congratulations! she has such a special and wonderful name :heart:

1 Like

Congratulations! R0samund Ur$a is so beautiful and I love the thought you put behind her name.

1 Like

Congratulations!

1 Like

Congratulations! [name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] [name_f]Ursa[/name_f] is so lovely!

1 Like

Congratulations! She has a lovely name.

1 Like

congratulations!

1 Like

Such a beautiful and meaningful name! And so wonderfully coordinated with her siblings names. Congratulations on you sweet little girl :two_hearts:

1 Like

Congratulations!

1 Like

Congratulations!! Such a beautiful, powerful name :yellow_heart:

1 Like

I absolutely adore the meaning and thought behind her name, and her name itself. :blush:Congratulations!

1 Like

Oh my goodness! A perfect finale. I LOVE both R0$amund and Ur$@ individually (both have been favorites on MY lists for years but never swayed my partner) and they sing so wonderfully together AND with all her gorgeous siblings’ names!!

Congrats and yay, thanks for posting! I hope you settle as restfully as possible into hectic 4 under 4 life!!

1 Like

Congratulations! She has an absolutely stunning name with oodles of meaning behind it :bear: :heart:

1 Like

Congratulations, your children have beautiful names.

1 Like

Such a beautifully named baby. Congratulations to you and your family

1 Like

adorable! rosamund is so cute, and the meaning for ursa is wonderful, i love the connection to stars and constellations.:slight_smile: congrats to you and your family.

1 Like

How lovely, truly lovely.

1 Like

Beautiful choice! Congratulations!

1 Like

[name_f]Rosamund[/name_f] [name_f]Ursa[/name_f] is a dynamite name. I love seeing [name_f]Ursa[/name_f] used. It’s great to hear your thoughts behind your choice. Congratulations on your newest addition.

2 Likes