Meleana Pronunciation

I’m curious to know how others think the name [name_f]Meleana[/name_f] should be pronounced or how they would pronounce it. This is the name I have chosen for my baby girl, but almost everyone pronounces it different, or they are confused as to why i pronounce it the way I do. Curious to see if most think its the same as I do. I don’t plan to change it, but i would really hate for my girl to have her name mispronounced all the time.

I would pronounce it mel-LEEN-nuh.

I would pronounce it mel-LEEN-ah

I pronounced it as mel-ee-ahna, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it were pronounced mel-leen-uh either. I know mispronunciation is a real pain in the butt (it happens to my nieces all the time lol) but it’s worth it if it’s a name you love :slight_smile:

I would pronounce it mel-ee-ahna or mel-ee-ana.

I would pronounce it mel-[name_u]LEE[/name_u]-ona, or [name_u]Mel[/name_u]-een-a

I would assume “MEH-lee-[name_m]AH[/name_m]-nuh,” four syllables. I wouldn’t be surprised if you corrected me and said it was “meh-[name_u]LEE[/name_u]-nuh” with three syllables, but that wouldn’t be my first try.

If you want four syllables, I’d adjust the spelling to Meliana. If you want three syllables, I’d use [name_f]Melina[/name_f] or [name_f]Melena[/name_f] ([name_f]Melina[/name_f] = “meh-[name_u]LEE[/name_u]-nuh” / [name_f]Melena[/name_f] = “meh-[name_m]LAY[/name_m]-nuh”)

I would pronounce it mah-[name_m]LAY[/name_m]-nah.

[name_u]Mel[/name_u]-ee-uh-nuh.

I’d pronounce it meh-LEEN-uh, like [name_f]Melina[/name_f].

I honestly stared at this name for a while trying to get my head around it… in the end, I think ‘mel-lee-nuh’ was my final assumption…

Thanks everyone! Seems like I’m getting a half and half response, but I’m glad to see others do pronounce it as [name_u]Mel[/name_u] ee nuh. I think of it as [name_u]Mel[/name_u], the word lean and A at the end. I know Hawaiians would pronounce it [name_u]Mel[/name_u] ay ah nuh or something like that:) …but I’m not Hawaiian lol

I’m going to keep it the way I have it spelled because I like it better than [name_f]Melina[/name_f] spelling. It may be confusing to some, but at least it is unique and pretty :slight_smile:

At first glance [name_u]Mel[/name_u]-ee-[name_m]AH[/name_m]-nuh, but I guess [name_u]Mel[/name_u]-EEN-uh makes sense now I think about it (I would assume that would be [name_f]Melena[/name_f]).

I say it mel-ee-AW-nuh" with the last part said like [name_f]Anna[/name_f] from Frozen.

At first glance, I’d say mel-[name_u]LEE[/name_u]-na, at second glance mel-[name_m]LAY[/name_m]-na.

I’d pronounce it [name_u]Mel[/name_u]-ee-ah-nah I think it’s really cute!

I would pronounce it [name_u]Mel[/name_u]-e- ahna. And perhaps even spell it meliana.

Me- lee- na ( melena), although not an uncommon name, has negative connotations in the medical word. It means bloody poo. So I would just personally avoid the same pronunciation or spelling as this.

My first thought was [name_f]May[/name_f]-lay-ah-nah (that would be the Hawaiian way, because it does look like it could be a Hawaiian name), or in a more American style, [name_u]Mel[/name_u]-ay-ah-nah.

I saw [name_u]Mel[/name_u]-ee-ahna - rhyming with [name_f]Eliana[/name_f]

I would probably hesitate between “mel-AY-a-nuh” and [name_u]MEL[/name_u]-ee-nuh".