Melvin to Melanie

So, my late grandfather’s name was [name_m]Melvin[/name_m] and I would really like to pay homage to him. I, personally (don’t get me wrong, it’s a nice name), don’t like it all that much. Would it be too far of a stretch to name a daughter [name_f]Melanie[/name_f] after him? The "[name_u]Mel[/name_u]"s in the names are enough I think to be able to link them together, I would just like some input. Thanks!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think it works!

It absolutely works! A very sweet way to honor him :slight_smile:

I agree, I think it’d be a sweet way of honouring him!

I think it works, especially if you were going to use the nn of [name_u]Mel[/name_u] or [name_f]Mellie[/name_f] for your daughter.

Or if you were going to use the honour name as a middle name you could just use [name_u]Mel[/name_u].

What a beautiful way to honor your grandfather! It definitely works for me. You only change/add two letters, it is not a big stretch at all.

It works prefectly! You could also do [name_f]Melody[/name_f], [name_f]Melina[/name_f], or [name_f]Melaina[/name_f]!

1 Like

That’s perfect! And [name_u]Mel[/name_u] is a great nickname for it as well. [name_f]My[/name_f] grandfather’s name is also [name_m]Melvin[/name_m], how funny!

I think it sounds great!

Melanie to honour a [name_m]Melvin[/name_m] makes perfect sense.

Melanie [name_u]Vivian[/name_u] might be a combo that further solidifies the honour

1 Like