Memory?

Maybe [name_u]Memphis[/name_u] instead?

I have loved the name Memory for a long time! It’s beautiful!

Another name I love is [name_f]Remember[/name_f], and [name_f]Reverie[/name_f]!

1 Like

It is too wordy for my liking and my “test” is to ask myself if I would like to have that name, but No. The sound is fine but it is such a common word as in “In memory of” or “Oh, my memory!” but I think it would be fine in the middle spot. The nicknames are sweet but I think there are better choices to get to them.

I actually quite like the sound! I do think it would be hard sometimes IRL but I love the idea of [name_f]Emmie[/name_f], [name_u]Emory[/name_u], etc. Go for it if you love it, but be prepared for some teasing. However, I don’t think this would last long and it really has a pretty sound.

I think it’s gorgeous! I knew a girl once named Maebe, pronounced “maybe”, and we all liked it. She didn’t get teased about it, and when [name_f]Carly[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u] did the “Call Me Maybe” song, she embraced it even more. I think Memory is wearable and very sweet.

1 Like

That’s a tough one because I love the look and sound of Memory, love the nicknames, love the idea of it in theory. But I also do the self-test of asking myself would I like to go through life - not some fictional life out of a novel but real modern life going to school, using social media, applying for jobs etc - with the name Memory. Would people annoy the heck out of me with jokes like “Oh no, we’ve lost our Memory!”" etc Or would most react to it the way I do, finding it lovely and original.
The rest of the name would definitely play a big part to me, both middle and surname. I think if I dared to use it I would make sure to give a middle name that I also loved and would not be disappointed if she wanted to go by later on.

I would probably keep it as a middle name… but actually it could be very nice as a first!

1 Like