Memory?

Alright, me and my wife love Memory as a first name name. It flows nice. Has room for potential nicknames “[name_f]Mimi[/name_f]”, “Mree”, “[name_f]Emmy[/name_f]”. We know it’d be a hipster sounding thing to do, but I’m just wondering if anyone thinks it could potentially be just as normalized as [name_f]Melody[/name_f], [name_f]Constance[/name_f], and [name_f]Violet[/name_f], ya know? I would love to hear some feedback on this.

4 Likes

i actually love it

1 Like

I actually saw a video with a little girl named Memory just a few weeks ago, and I was surprised by how much I liked it! This is one that never would have occurred to me but it does sound like a name, and has a sweet meaning. I think it could totally work!

1 Like

I think it’s very pretty and has a lot of potential!!

I really like the sound! Not entirely sure how it would be received.

It’s very, very out there, honestly I don’t think it would work.

2 Likes

Thanks for the honesty. [name_f]Do[/name_f] you personally not like word names like [name_f]Constance[/name_f] or [name_f]Melody[/name_f]? I just wanna get a feel for your perspective.

It could totally work. Very nice.

I love word names, [name_f]Melody[/name_f] is one of my favorite names. I know a girl named Memory though, and she hates it. I might have liked it more if it weren’t for that.

Ooooo I’ve never heard of it as a name. It’s a bit out there but the nickname options are cute and may make it more useable?

I prefer Mnemosyne no matter the difficult spelling, which I’m 99% certain I misspelled it.

@Sorceress I just looked it up! You nailed the spelling. :+1:t3: I would ditch the silent “m” but that’s a name I’ve never heard that I really like the sound of.

sounds like [name_f]Melanie[/name_f] or [name_f]Melody[/name_f]. it works!

I quite like it. It feels similar to word names like [name_f]Melody[/name_f] and [name_u]Winter[/name_u] but also sounds like namey names like [name_u]Emory[/name_u] and [name_f]Mila[/name_f]

yes i love Memory! :yellow_heart:

Hm, I’ve never thought about Memory as a name before! It sounds very similar to the name [name_u]Emory[/name_u], which I like. I love word names too, so I definitely think it could work. Especially with the more familiar nicknames. I do think it may sound a bit “out there” to some people, but with other currently popular word names, I don’t think it would be too unusual. [name_f]My[/name_f] only hesitation is the many jokes I could imagine being used relating to the word memory, which could get annoying for the person wearing the name. Not exactly a dealbreaker though! The more I think about it, the more I’m starting to like it!
Although, I do want to mention, my very first thought was the song from the musical Cats. Not a bad association, and probably not one a lot of people would have, just wanted to bring it up!!

1 Like

I really don’t want to be the downer here, but I’m not sure it would work. It could, I just don’t know. In my opinion, it’s really out there, and I think it would be odd to have a little girl named Memory running around on the playground. [name_f]My[/name_f] first thought would be that something sad happened to the family or something. Maybe as a middle name? It’s a pretty name, I’m just not sure.

Names that sound similar
[name_f]Melody[/name_f]
[name_u]Emerson[/name_u]
[name_f]Emmy[/name_f]
[name_u]Emery[/name_u]

1 Like

I think this is middle name useable only :grimacing:

1 Like

First thought - sounds great, go for it.
Second thought - actually, this could be a very difficult name for the kid to wear.

1 Like

I’ve never thought about it until now but I love it! It’s very cutesy and unique. I think you’re really starting a trend here!!