Mercer Joaquin

We had our third baby and first son, [name_u]Mercer[/name_u] [name_m]Joaquin[/name_m], on [name_u]August[/name_u] 14th. Because our family is bilingual, we need to pick baby names that work in [name_f]English[/name_f] and Spanish, and [name_u]Mercer[/name_u] was one of the few boy names we’ve ever been able to agree on that fit the bill. It has [name_u]French[/name_u] origins like his sisters’ names, [name_f]Adele[/name_f] [name_f]Gianna[/name_f] and [name_f]Margo[/name_f] Anaís, and two syllables like their names as well since our last name is a bit of a mouthful. We really liked the name [name_m]Joaquin[/name_m] but decided to put it in the middle spot to avoid pronunciation confusion. Ultimately, I think we were drawn to the rare but familiar and strong sound of [name_u]Mercer[/name_u] coupled with the more romantic sound of [name_m]Joaquin[/name_m].

33 Likes

Congratulations!

Congratulations!

Congratulations! All of your children have wonderful names :revolving_hearts:

Congratulations on your new addition :blush:

Congrats! Such a lovely name (Joaquin is one of my favorites)

Congratulations!

congratulations! he has such a beautiful name! <3

Congratulations!

Congratulations! [name_u]Mercer[/name_u] is an absolutely wonderful name! :black_heart:

Congratulations! I love his name. All your children are beautifully named.

[name_f]Beautiful[/name_f] name! I love your girls names too! Congratualtions

Congrats!

[name_u]Mercer[/name_u] [name_m]Joaquin[/name_m] is a stunning name! Congratulations :orange_heart:

Congratulations! His name is absolutely stunning. :orange_heart:

I love your whole sibset! Such great not-too-common names with lots of personality. I applaud you!

Congratulations! That’s a cool name!

I love [name_f]Merced[/name_f] , [name_f]Margot[/name_f] and [name_f]Adele[/name_f] ! Stunning !!

I love [name_u]Mercer[/name_u], it’s sounds so strong but still somehow soft. I love it with [name_f]Adele[/name_f] and [name_f]Margo[/name_f].