Michelle?

What do you think of [name]Michelle[/name]? Recently I’ve been thinking about someone who I might want to honor with that name. I like it (and could use it) as either a first or middle name, but as a first name do you think it would be too dated or not? Some combos I’ve been pondering:

[name]Amelia[/name] [name]Michelle[/name] / [name]Michelle[/name] [name]Amelia[/name]
[name]Fiona[/name] [name]Michelle[/name]
[name]Michelle[/name] [name]Claire[/name] (can’t use [name]Claire[/name] as the FN for other reasons)
[name]Michelle[/name] [name]Rose[/name] ([name]Rose[/name] would be a family name for me)

I’m trying to avoid anything too '70s-associated as the other name so the combo doesn’t sound completely dated (e.g. I also like [name]Amy[/name], but I probably wouldn’t use [name]Amy[/name] [name]Michelle[/name] for that reason).

[name]Michelle[/name] is so pretty, and could be due for another comeback soon. But from your list, I love [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Michelle[/name], [name]Amelia[/name] [name]Michelle[/name], and how about [name]Rose[/name] [name]Michelle[/name]?

I am not sure [name]Michelle[/name] is ready for a first name comeback, it still seems very 70’s rather like [name]Jennifer[/name], but as a middle name it works very well unlike [name]Jennifer[/name] :slight_smile:

I agree with sticking to very current feeling names if [name]Michelle[/name] is in the mix. [name]Michelle[/name] is somewhat classic in it’s connection to [name]Michael[/name], the Beatles song gives it some charm, but my gen was loaded with Michelles which prob makes it feel less ‘special’ to some. I think it has a lot of nn potential from naturey [name]Shell[/name] to very hip [name]Mila[/name] or [name]Mischa[/name]. [name]Mia[/name] would be modern/popular. Mitchie would be spunky & sweet. [name]Micah[/name] would be cute…so many possibilities.

[name]Amelia[/name] & [name]Fiona[/name] go well with [name]Michelle[/name] and I think they modernize it.

I think if I met a newborn [name]Michelle[/name] I would be surprised in a good way.

The sound similarities to [name]Estelle[/name] make it feel like [name]Michelle[/name] would fit in fine with classmates…though she would probably be the only [name]Michelle[/name]!