Middle for Cy

[name]Cy[/name] is the name. I think it’s got a cool, relaxed feeling and looks beautiful written. [name]Just[/name] [name]Cy[/name], not [name]Cyrus[/name] or [name]Simon[/name] or [name]Cypress[/name]. Our last name sounds like Garnet, and we are stumped on the middle. I loved [name]Cy[/name] [name]Quincy[/name], because of the Q and because I grew up next to a quince orchard so it’s an indirect way to honor my parents. My husband thinks it’s too fussy. I like [name]Linden[/name], for its sounds that pick up on our last name, and because it’s tree name (my father is an arborist) but not sure [name]Cy[/name] [name]Linden[/name] is quite right. On my husband’s side, there’s a [name]Marsh[/name] and a [name]William[/name], so those are possibilities. [name]Cy[/name] [name]William[/name] G… I like, but I wonder if the [name]William[/name] outweighs the [name]Cy[/name]. My husband also has a best friend/almost brother [name]Paul[/name] who we’d love to honor, but we both think [name]Cy[/name] [name]Paul[/name] falls flat. Anyone have any thoughts or suggestions for middle names? We want something that either spices up [name]Cy[/name] (because it’s so minimal) or something sentimental that honors family. Preferably both.
Thanks berries!

[name]Cy[/name] [name]William[/name] [name]Paul[/name] [name]Garland[/name] sounds great as does [name]Cy[/name] [name]Linden[/name] [name]Paul[/name] [name]Garland[/name]. I think two middle names is a great way to spice things up.

Thanks much Jemama. We’re not into the two middles, though I know it’s not uncommon.

[name]Cy[/name] [name]Linden[/name] is great!
But some other ideas, for your husband’s benefit:
[name]Cy[/name] [name]Alistair[/name]
[name]Cy[/name] [name]Augustin[/name]
[name]Cy[/name] [name]Aquilo[/name]
[name]Cy[/name] [name]Eugenio[/name]
[name]Cy[/name] [name]Emmett[/name]
[name]Cy[/name] [name]Orlando[/name]
[name]Cy[/name] [name]Oakley[/name]
[name]Cy[/name] [name]Oliver[/name]
[name]Cy[/name] [name]Julius[/name]
[name]Cy[/name] [name]Felix[/name]

I think vowel names work best with [name]Cy[/name], if you didn’t pick that up already. Haha

[name]Cy[/name] [name]Liam[/name] [name]Garland[/name]? ([name]Liam[/name] from [name]William[/name])

what other family names would you like to incorporate?

[name]Cy[/name] Paulson or [name]Cy[/name] [name]Paolo[/name] strike me as nice ways to allude to [name]Paul[/name] while getting a better rhythm.

Cy Everett came to my mind first.
other ideas-
Cy Nathaniel
Cy Elliot
Cy Oliver
Cy Peregrine
Cy Bentley
Cy Rafferty
Cy Harrison
Cy Ezekial
Cy Fintan
Cy Declan
Cy Finnian
Cy Maxwell

Thanks guys!
Numina, of your list I like [name]Emmett[/name], [name]Oakley[/name], [name]Julius[/name] (or [name]Julian[/name]) and [name]Felix[/name]. [name]Emmett[/name] is close to my name, and [name]Julius[/name] is close to my husband’s, [name]Oakley[/name] is a nice tree name, but the initials spell COG! [name]Felix[/name] is beautiful, but doesn’t really have any family significance. Lis09, of your list I love [name]Nathaniel[/name] (so graceful and serious without being stuffy), [name]Elliot[/name] (or [name]Eliot[/name]), and [name]Rafferty[/name] (it’s got great bite, but feels a little random to me- we’re not that Irish that we can get away with [name]Rafferty[/name] or [name]Malachy[/name] or any of those) Momof374, I’m not into [name]Liam[/name]- sorry! Other names in our families: Martyn, [name]Henry[/name], [name]Kimberly[/name]. I like [name]Cy[/name] Martyn, but not totally sure about the family karma with that particular name. [name]Cy[/name] [name]Henry[/name] feels too square. [name]Cy[/name] [name]Kim[/name] I really like (using [name]Kim[/name] as a boy’s name- cool) but we’re not [name]Asian[/name], so it seems a bit affected, no? There’s also a [name]Christine[/name], but [name]Christian[/name] and [name]Christopher[/name] leave us both cold. And there’s a [name]Maggi[/name]. Whew! Thanks again folks.

Oh, and I really like Paulson. [name]Will[/name] have to run that one past my husband. Only thing is that it’s like saying “son of [name]Paul[/name]”… when really he’d be more like a nephew of [name]Paul[/name]…but still it’s good. [name]Cy[/name] [name]Paolo[/name] to me feels too much like [name]Juan[/name] [name]Carlo[/name] or something. [name]Paolo[/name] is a nice name, but we’re not Spanish or Italian. I’m a big fan of [name]Pablo[/name] as a first name, but naming a white American kid [name]Pablo[/name] just feels silly to me.

Here are the ones I like so far. Opinions?

[name]Cy[/name] [name]Linden[/name] - It just sticks, and sounds nice, but maybe not as sentimental as the others. Tree names (like [name]Sylvia[/name] and [name]Forest[/name]) do run in my family
[name]Cy[/name] Paulson [name]- [name]Paul[/name] is my husband’s best friend.
[name]Cy[/name] [name]Kim[/name]- [name]Kim[/name] is his sister. She’s very much a tomboy, and would be tickled to have a nephew named after her. Any thoughts on this? Is it doable for a non-[name]Asian[/name] boy?
[name]Cy[/name] [name]William[/name]- [name]William[/name] for my husband’s uncle.
[name]Cy[/name] [name]Eliot[/name]- [name]Eliot[/name] has no sentimental connection, just like the sound of [name]Cy[/name] [name]Eliot[/name].

My husband just ousted Paulson and [name]Eliot[/name]. And he likes [name]Emmett[/name] and [name]Julius[/name] (close to our names.) He likes the inverted [name]Julius[/name] [name]Caesar[/name] thing!

[name]Cy[/name] [name]Linden[/name]
[name]Cy[/name] [name]Kim[/name]
[name]Cy[/name] [name]William[/name]

Any thoughts about these?

[name]Cy[/name] [name]Wilkes[/name] [name]Garland[/name]. [name]ADORE[/name]! Of course, I took [name]Wilkes[/name] form [name]William[/name], so there would be that slight familial tie which I find so important! Other [name]William[/name] derived names that could work are
[name]Cy[/name] [name]Wilder[/name] [name]Garland[/name]
[name]Cy[/name] [name]Wills[/name] [name]Garland[/name]
[name]Cy[/name] Wilde [name]Garland[/name]

Based on the other names on your list, you might like
[name]Cy[/name] [name]Everett[/name] [name]Garland[/name]
[name]Cy[/name] [name]Julian[/name] [name]Garland[/name]
[name]Cy[/name] [name]Emerson[/name] [name]Garland[/name]
[name]Cy[/name] [name]Camden[/name] [name]Garland[/name]

xo [name]Viv[/name]

ps: absolutely [name]LOVE[/name] your choice of [name]Cy[/name]. He is so contemporary sounding yet so tied to history. Hard to find this in a name. You hit a jackpot!

Thanks [name]Viv[/name]! I like [name]Wilkes[/name], [name]Wilder[/name], and [name]Everett[/name]. [name]Wilkes[/name] as a middle to me reminds me of [name]John[/name] [name]Wilkes[/name] [name]Booth[/name] though. [name]Wilder[/name] is beautiful, so we may come back to it. [name]Emmett[/name] is closer to my name than [name]Everett[/name], so we’ll stick to that. My husband just helped me nix [name]William[/name] altogether (on the grounds that it makes the name more ordinary) and so we’re down to 4!
[name]Cy[/name] [name]Linden[/name]
[name]Cy[/name] [name]Kim[/name]

[name]Cy[/name] [name]Julius[/name] and [name]Cy[/name] [name]Linden[/name] are my faves. I don’t care for [name]Kim[/name], as I don’t think it goes well with [name]Cy[/name]. [name]Emmett[/name] is ok, but again, don’t think it matches style wise with [name]Cy[/name] very well. I like [name]Cy[/name] [name]Julian[/name] a bit better than [name]Julius[/name]. [name]Do[/name] you guys care for [name]Julian[/name]?

I like [name]Cy[/name] [name]Linden[/name]. I wouldn’t worry about [name]Kim[/name]. I’ve known several non [name]Asian[/name] Kims. It’s actually a welsh name too. I think it’s short for [name]Kimball[/name]. [name]Cy[/name] [name]Kimball[/name] might be kind of nice too.

[name]Cy[/name] [name]Emmett[/name] is my favorite, but [name]Cy[/name] [name]Julius[/name] is cool too. I think [name]Kim[/name] is too short with [name]Cy[/name] and bland. I would use [name]Kimberly[/name] or [name]Kimball[/name] instead.

I like [name]Cy[/name] [name]William[/name] of all the suggestions. Very well-rounded name.
By the way, I love (just) [name]Cy[/name] as a name too, but was kind of afraid to use it until I saw your post. [name]Don[/name]'t know if the fiance (husband in a few weeks!) will go for it, but I love it.

Thanks everyone. I think we’ve got great options to ponder now.
[name]Cy[/name] [name]Linden[/name], [name]Kim[/name], and [name]Julius[/name] are the final three, [name]William[/name] and [name]Emmett[/name] are in my back pocket. Now I’m just worried that there will be a million little Cys running around out there. I’m new to nameberry, so I feel superstitious about my favorite names becoming trendy through the interweb! :slight_smile:

[name]Cy[/name] [name]Linden[/name] is definitely my favorite. Good pick! I wouldn’t worry too much about a ton’o [name]Cy[/name]'s running around out there. I think you’re ahead of the [name]Cy[/name] “trend.” I could see it becoming popular and taking off like [name]Kai[/name] or something. It’s a great name though. I’ve only known one [name]Cy[/name] ever and I thought it was really unusual when I heard it. I always asked him what it was short for. Nothing…of course :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Good luck!