Middle name for Abigail

Beautiful daughter born 9 days ago and we couldn’t agree on any of the names on our shortlist :? . A new name is on the table, [name]Abigail[/name]. [name]Just[/name] want to check with nameberries whether they know about the popularity of this name in Australia?

And what about middle names - would have liked to use one of our shortlisted names but none jumping out at me - your opinions would be most welcome on these suggestions and any others you think flow well with [name]Abigail[/name].

[name]Abigail[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Abigail[/name] [name]Niamh[/name]
[name]Abigail[/name] [name]Grace[/name]
[name]Abigail[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Abigail[/name] [name]Cara[/name]

I found that [name]Abigail[/name] was #31 in Australia (New South [name]Wales[/name]) in 2009 - Popular Names in Australia (New South Wales) 2009 - Behind the Name. So, yes, it is popular, but it is also a classic name that is timeless and graceful. I think it is a great choice for your little girl! [name]Abby[/name] is a nice nickname, but if you want something a little different, I definitely think Ailey could work, too…

As for middle names, it would depend on the length of your last name - I like [name]Abigail[/name] [name]Margaret[/name] for a shorter last name and [name]Abigail[/name] [name]Cara[/name] for a longer last name. I’d also suggest these:

[name]Abigail[/name] [name]Anna[/name]
[name]Abigail[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Abigail[/name] [name]Emmeline[/name]
[name]Abigail[/name] [name]Felicity[/name]
[name]Abigail[/name] [name]Helena[/name]
[name]Abigail[/name] [name]Iris[/name]
[name]Abigail[/name] [name]Juliet[/name]
[name]Abigail[/name] [name]Matilda[/name]
[name]Abigail[/name] [name]Ramona[/name]
[name]Abigail[/name] [name]Ruth[/name]
[name]Abigail[/name] [name]Sarah[/name]
[name]Abigail[/name] [name]Violet[/name]

Or, to honor her birth month of [name]October[/name], perhaps [name]Abigail[/name] [name]Opal[/name] or [name]Abigail[/name] [name]Marigold[/name]? [name]Don[/name]'t love either, but it is a nice idea. I’ve marked my favorites in bold.

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile: