Middle name for Abigail

See the results of this poll: Which middle name would you choose for Abigail?

Respondents: 46 (This poll is closed)

• Abigail Paige : 35 (76%)
  • Abigail Patricia: 11 (24%)

Both sound great. Although the names and styles are obviously different, the first initial of both middles give it a sort of similarity. Would you be calling her by both if you went by [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] [name_f]Paige[/name_f]?

I don’t think it would be a crazy thing to officially name her [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] [name_f]Patricia[/name_f] for your grandmother, and affectionately call her “[name_u]Abby[/name_u] [name_f]Paige[/name_f].”

I love the spunkiness of [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] [name_f]Paige[/name_f], nn [name_u]Abby[/name_u] [name_f]Paige[/name_f]. But I also like the sentimental value that [name_f]Patricia[/name_f] has. I agree with PP, you could probably get away with naming her [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] [name_f]Patricia[/name_f] and just calling her [name_u]Abby[/name_u] [name_f]Paige[/name_f]. I guess my advise is that if it means more to you to honor your grandmother, then consider what if this is your only girl, and last chance to use the honor name? Would you be disappointed in you didn’t get to use it? Could you use [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] [name_f]Patricia[/name_f] here, and then if there’s a future girl, agree to use [name_f]Paige[/name_f] in her name?

I voted for [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] [name_f]Patricia[/name_f] because I love honor names, I think it’s a sweet, unexpected middle that goes well with [name_f]Abigail[/name_f], & like the pp said, I think you can get both names you love by using the nn [name_u]Abby[/name_u] [name_f]Paige[/name_f].

[name_u]Love[/name_u] [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] [name_f]Paige[/name_f]!

I voted [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] [name_f]Paige[/name_f] because I think [name_f]Paige[/name_f] can be used as an honor for [name_f]Patricia[/name_f], given the P initial, and I love the story behind why you like [name_f]Paige[/name_f] as a MN.

Why not use both [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] [name_f]Paige[/name_f] [name_f]Patricia[/name_f] sounds great.

Leaning toward [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] [name_f]Paige[/name_f] for the reasons eleventhbelle mentioned!

We will mostly just call her [name_u]Abby[/name_u], but I like the option of [name_u]Abby[/name_u] [name_f]Paige[/name_f] for fun. I think if we don’t choose [name_f]Paige[/name_f], we will both feel like it was a missed opportunity to play off of the nickname my husband uses for her. I’m thinking the P initial may be enough to still count as an honor name for [name_f]Patricia[/name_f], like in Jewish tradition (though we are not Jewish). If we went with [name_f]Patricia[/name_f], I don’t think we’d ever feel right calling her [name_u]Abby[/name_u] [name_f]Paige[/name_f] because it just wouldn’t be her name! [name_f]Abigail[/name_f] [name_f]Paige[/name_f] might actually give us the best of both worlds. :slight_smile: Thanks for all the help!