Middle name for Calla...

My daughter’s first name is going to be [name]Calla[/name] (after my great-grandmother), but I’ve been going mad trying to figure out what her middle name should be.

Originally we were going to go with [name]Juliet[/name], but our next son is going to have the initials CJ (family tradition) and we didn’t want to double up… Our last name starts with an L.

Some options that have been considered (most are family names):

[name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Christine[/name]
[name]Elizabeth[/name]
[name]Grace[/name]
[name]Josephine[/name] (again, a J…)
[name]Linnea[/name]
[name]Lisette[/name]
[name]Loreen[/name]
[name]Lucia[/name]

Any thoughts?

[name]Hi[/name] there! I think [name]Calla[/name] is so pretty. [name]How[/name] many syllables are in your last name, and what is the ending’s sound? I’m going to pretend your last name is [name]Lewis[/name] for now. :slight_smile:

Some options that have been considered (most are family names):

[name]Caroline[/name]: [name]Calla[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] [name]Lewis[/name]. With an L last name, I think it’s too L heavy. (The -line ending on [name]Caroline[/name] causes a problem for me with the L in [name]Lewis[/name].)

[name]Christine[/name]: [name]Calla[/name] [name]Christine[/name] [name]Lewis[/name]. I think it works, but [name]Christine[/name] is pretty dated. What about [name]Christiana[/name]? I think [name]Calla[/name] [name]Christiana[/name] [name]Lewis[/name] is really pretty. :slight_smile:

[name]Elizabeth[/name]: [name]Calla[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] [name]Lewis[/name]. I love [name]Elizabeth[/name], but I’m one who personally thinks that using an E middle name with a first name ending in A doesn’t flow well.

[name]Grace[/name]: [name]Calla[/name] [name]Grace[/name] [name]Lewis[/name]. For some reason, [name]Calla[/name] and [name]Grace[/name] sound like one name when I say it aloud. Hmm…

[name]Josephine[/name] (again, a J…) [name]Calla[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] [name]Lewis[/name]. I think this is wonderful! :slight_smile:

[name]Linnea[/name]: [name]Calla[/name] +[name]Linnea[/name] + [name]Lewis[/name] is too L heavy. Because [name]Calla[/name] has a “la” ending, L middle names don’t work. :frowning:

[name]Lisette[/name]

[name]Loreen[/name]

[name]Lucia[/name]

Of your choices, I vote for [name]Calla[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]. Of the remaining names, I think [name]Calla[/name] [name]Christine[/name] has the best flow, but I prefer [name]Elizabeth[/name] over [name]Christine[/name]. I think [name]Calla[/name] [name]Josephine[/name] is gorgeous, and I love [name]Calla[/name] [name]Juliet[/name] and [name]Calla[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name], too! :slight_smile:

Best wishes to you!

[name]Calla[/name] [name]Caroline[/name] - difficult to say
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Christine[/name] - a little better, but still hard
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] - the “la” followed by the “el” was hard for me
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Grace[/name] - sweet, but becoming overused in the middle…I’d still use it, though :slight_smile:
[name]Josephine[/name] (again, a J…)
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Linnea[/name] - my brain said Callalala
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Lisette[/name] - cute, but I think you may want to stay away from a middle that starts with “L”
[name]Loreen[/name] - ditto
[name]Lucia[/name] - The best of the “L” names

[name]Calla[/name] [name]Sophia[/name]
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Rose[/name] (overused, tho)
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Hope[/name]
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Rebecca[/name]
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Maria[/name]
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Belle[/name]
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Rain[/name] (for some reason I’m obsessed with this as a middle, but I wouldn’t use if your last name starts with an “S”…initals would be CRS…my dad always says he suffers from CRS "Can’t [name]Remember[/name] Sh*$)
[name]Calla[/name] [name]True[/name]

I like [name]Jill[/name]'s ideas and vote for [name]Calla[/name] [name]Josephine[/name]. Also like [name]Calla[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name].

Thanks!

I like [name]Josephine[/name] (my husband’s grandmother’s middle name) a lot too, but again, not so sure about having a J- name…
I love [name]Genevieve[/name] but my hubby is not a fan… Who’d have thought I’d marry a man who cared about names just as much as I do! :slight_smile:

Our last name is Lindstrom. I agree about the L-heaviness of the L middle names… [name]Calla[/name] Lindstrom is already heavy on the Ls so I will steer clear of adding any more… we just seem to have an abundance of L names in the family!

Thanks again for the input!

[name]Calla[/name] [name]Paige[/name] Lindstrom

Some more:

[name]Calla[/name] [name]Beatrice[/name] Lindstrom
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Beatrix[/name] Lindstrom
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Bryony[/name] Lindstrom (two floral names, which may be too much)
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Georgiana[/name] Lindstrom
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Delphine[/name] Lindstrom (same thing with the floral names, but I think it’s pretty)
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Victoria[/name] Lindstrom
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Victoriana[/name] Lindstrom
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Viviana[/name] Lindstrom
[name]Calla[/name] [name]Winifred[/name] Lindstrom

I never realized how many names contain that pesky L! :slight_smile: I’d also stay away from middle names beginning with S (it attaches to [name]Calla[/name] and sounds like “callous”), the [name]Rose[/name] names ([name]Calla[/name] [name]Rose[/name] sounds too close to calories), and names begining with [name]Mari[/name], because it’s too close to “calamari.” :slight_smile:

I love [name]Jill[/name]'s idea of [name]Calla[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]!