Middle name for Elliot?

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone!

I’m expecting a little boy in [name_u]July[/name_u], and my s/o and I have finally settled on [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] (after months of debating whether [name_m]Gabriel[/name_m] would be better). We’re really struggling to find a middle name, though, because I find it really hard to find boy names that I like! We have a daughter named [name_f]Celeste[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] - I love more euphonic names, and hate the cacophonous/harsh sounds that a lot of boy names have. So far, I feel good about [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] or [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_m]Matthew[/name_m], but I don’t love either of them.

Any ideas? I find I’m more receptive to less common/traditional names. And our last name is three syllables, starting with a J, if that helps.

Also - do [name_f]Celeste[/name_f] and [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] sound good together? At first I thought the -t endings were off putting together but I’ve since gotten used to it. Does it sound alright initially?

Thanks in advance!

[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] & [name_f]Celeste[/name_f] sound great together! I think both [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_m]Matthew[/name_m] & [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] sound super handsome!

Suggestions:
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_m]Peter[/name_m]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_m]Thomas[/name_m]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_m]Ambrose[/name_m]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_m]Shepherd[/name_m]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_m]Coleman[/name_m]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_u]Francis[/name_u]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_m]Hal[/name_m]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_u]Bailey[/name_u]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_u]Spencer[/name_u]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_m]Benjamin[/name_m]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_m]Topher[/name_m]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_u]Reid[/name_u]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_u]Morgan[/name_u]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_m]Joel[/name_m]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_m]Damian[/name_m]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_u]Tobin[/name_u]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_m]Davis[/name_m]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_m]Jackson[/name_m]

A short middle name would balance out three syllable [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] nicely like [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u]. Or:

[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_u]Sky[/name_u]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_m]Ross[/name_m]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_m]Hugh[/name_m]

I love [name_u]Elliott[/name_u]! [name_m]How[/name_m] about [name_u]Elliott[/name_u] [name_u]Grey[/name_u]?

[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_u]Michael[/name_u] :slight_smile:

I think [name_f]Celeste[/name_f] and [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] sound fine together, but I would be quite surprised to see whimsical [name_f]Celeste[/name_f] with a brother named much more normal [name_u]Elliot[/name_u].

[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] is what first came to mind, but it is very common/traditional.

[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_m]Marcus[/name_m]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_m]Xavier[/name_m]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_m]Warren[/name_m]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_u]Gray[/name_u]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_m]Edmund[/name_m] (if you like alliteration)

[name_f]Celeste[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] is gorgeous by the way!

My first thought was [name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] but you’ve beaten me to it! [name_f]Celeste[/name_f] [name_f]Ophelia[/name_f] is a great name and I wonder if you’d consider looking to the stars again for a more romantic middle name for your little boy. It seems like it would suit your naming style.

Some suggestions:

[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_u]Orion[/name_u]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_m]Apollo[/name_m]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_m]Perseus[/name_m]
[name_u]Elliot[/name_u] [name_m]Castor[/name_m]

I like all of those options and I can’t pick a favourite!