Middle Name for Ethel

Help me choose a middle name for [name_f]Ethel[/name_f]. We used an honor name for our first daughter’s middle, but we’ve gone through all the other female names in our family lines and decided that we’re not going to use any of them. There’s no tradition of doing so, and we realised that we used one for our first child because we actually just [name_u]LOVE[/name_u] the name. It was an interesting realisation.

My ideas so far are:

[name_f]Ethel[/name_f] [name_f]Isolde[/name_f] (DH likes this name a lot)
[name_f]Ethel[/name_f] [name_f]Gloria[/name_f]
[name_f]Ethel[/name_f] [name_u]Juniper[/name_u]
[name_f]Ethel[/name_f] [name_f]Amabel[/name_f]
[name_f]Ethel[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphine[/name_f]
[name_f]Ethel[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f]

Anything sounds good with our 2-syllable last name.

I think I like [name_f]Isolde[/name_f] (pronounced EE-sold) and [name_f]Seraphine[/name_f] the best. I like anything with a bit of mystery to it. This is an early [name_u]December[/name_u] baby which I suppose is why I’m thinking of some of these wintry and [name_u]Christmas[/name_u]-y names.

Thanks for new ideas and thoughts on the list.

I think you have the two winners picked out of the bunch. The others either tricky to say/ run into each other or outweigh [name_f]Ethel[/name_f].

Otherwise [name_f]Ethel[/name_f] [name_f]Vera[/name_f], [name_f]Ethel[/name_f] [name_f]Maeve[/name_f], [name_f]Ethel[/name_f] [name_f]Josephine[/name_f], [name_f]Ethel[/name_f] [name_f]Romilly[/name_f], [name_f]Ethel[/name_f] [name_f]Dorothy[/name_f]…

I love:
[name_f]Ethel[/name_f] [name_f]Isolde[/name_f]
[name_f]Ethel[/name_f] [name_u]Juniper[/name_u]
[name_f]Ethel[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphine[/name_f]
[name_f]Ethel[/name_f] [name_f]Clara[/name_f]

I think I’d go for [name_f]Ethel[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphine[/name_f] or [name_f]Ethel[/name_f] [name_f]Isolde[/name_f] though - they have that mysterious feel to them while complimenting [name_f]Ethel[/name_f].

Some others:
[name_f]Ethel[/name_f] [name_f]Penelope[/name_f]
[name_f]Ethel[/name_f] [name_f]Apollonia[/name_f]
[name_f]Ethel[/name_f] [name_f]Adelia[/name_f]
[name_f]Ethel[/name_f] [name_f]Cordelia[/name_f]

[name_f]Ethel[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphine[/name_f] is pretty, and to me [name_f]Ethel[/name_f] [name_f]Seraphina[/name_f] has a nice flow as well.

[name_f]Ethel[/name_f] [name_f]Grace[/name_f]
[name_f]Ethel[/name_f] [name_f]Vivienne[/name_f]
[name_f]Ethel[/name_f] [name_u]Winter[/name_u]
[name_f]Ethel[/name_f] [name_f]Serena[/name_f]
[name_f]Ethel[/name_f] [name_f]Elora[/name_f]

I love love love the name [name_f]Ethel[/name_f], I tried talking DH into it as a first name but he was a strong NO… I love seeing it used though, great choice!

Out of the options you posted I like Elthel [name_f]Seraphine[/name_f] best!

Some other suggestions I think have that mysterious wintery feel and still pair well with [name_f]Ethel[/name_f] are:

[name_f]Ethel[/name_f] [name_f]Ivy[/name_f]
[name_f]Ethel[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f]
[name_f]Ethel[/name_f] [name_f]Crimson[/name_f]
[name_f]Ethel[/name_f] [name_u]Raven[/name_u]
[name_f]Ethel[/name_f] [name_f]Celeste[/name_f]