Middle name for Fiorella?

Hello all,

We’re looking for a middle name for [name_f]Fiorella[/name_f]. We have an Italian last name that starts with ‘D’ and ends in ‘A,’ so I’d like to avoid a middle name ending in ‘A’ too.

There’s a naming tradition on my side- girls are given the middle name [name_f]Rose[/name_f] (myself included), and while I like [name_f]Fiorella[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] (and the nickname [name_f]Ella[/name_f] with it- [name_f]Ella[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f]), I’m worried about the flower-flower meaning, since [name_f]Fiorella[/name_f] means “little flower.”

For some more context, our son is [name_m]Lorenzo[/name_m], or [name_m]Enzo[/name_m] for short.

Suggestions are appreciated!

I think tradition trumps a double meaning. [name_f]Fiorella[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] D–a sounds great and most importantly continues a tradition that will link your daughter to you and generations before.

Maybe [name_f]Fiorella[/name_f] [name_f]Rosy[/name_f]? Has the tradition of [name_f]Rose[/name_f], nickname of [name_f]Ella[/name_f]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f] or even [name_f]Ella[/name_f]-[name_f]Rosy[/name_f], but takes a step back from flower-flower.

I completely agree with @schickler!

Most people aren’t familiar with the Italian language, so unless you explain to everyone that [name_f]Fiorella[/name_f] means little flower, it’ll probably go by unnoticeable. Also, since [name_f]Fiorella[/name_f] isn’t the name of an actual flower like rose, I see no problem.

I agree with this also. [name_f]Fiorella[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] goes together wonderfully. I know sometimes family names are unattractive or cumbersome but this really is a very beautiful name and the tradition makes it mean that much more. Please don’t change it.

What about [name_f]Fiorella[/name_f] [name_f]Rosaline[/name_f]?

[name_f]Fiorella[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is stunning, and I love the idea of [name_m]Lorenzo[/name_m] and [name_f]Fiorella[/name_f], plus the nicknames are so cute together [name_m]Enzo[/name_m] and [name_f]Ella[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f].

[name_f]Fiorella[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is pretty, and I doubt most people know the meaning of [name_f]Fiorella[/name_f] (unless you tell them or they are name nerds lol). You could try [name_f]Fiorella[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f] which makes [name_f]Rose[/name_f] sound more like a name and less like a flower and you could still call her [name_f]Ella[/name_f]-[name_f]Rose[/name_f]

[name_f]Fiorella[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalie[/name_f]? [name_f]Rosalyn[/name_f]? [name_f]Rosie[/name_f]? All pretty much will be the same though… I see nothing with the [name_f]Fiorella[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] though, very lovely.

[name_f]Fiorella[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is a beautiful name with tradition. Great choice.

[name_f]Fiorella[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] is gorgeous! I agree that it’s a bit themed, but unless you live in [name_f]Italy[/name_f] I don’t see any problem. Other suggestions:

[name_f]Fiorella[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiorella[/name_f] [name_f]Louise[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiorella[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiorella[/name_f] [name_f]Marie[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiorella[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Fiorella[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]

Thanks for all the replies, everyone! I’m feeling more confident about the name combination. I think I prefer sticking with [name_f]Rose[/name_f], and not a version of it, and that probably goes for the rest of my family too. The name is under wraps for now; we don’t want opinions from the peanut gallery, except this one of course!