Middle name for Harrison

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone,

[name_f]My[/name_f] husband and I have decided on the name [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] for our baby boy. We can’t decide between [name_m]John[/name_m] and [name_u]Francis[/name_u] as a middle name. [name_u]Francis[/name_u] is a very special name for me as it was my grandfather’s and he passed away when I was quite young. [name_m]John[/name_m] is a family name on my husband’s side. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

Thanks

To me [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] [name_u]Francis[/name_u] goes better together. It has a nice ring to it, where [name_m]Harrison[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m] seems to be missing something.

I think you’ve answered this for yourself: Family names matter more when they’re attached to someone very special, as [name_u]Francis[/name_u] is to your grandfather. And [name_m]John[/name_m] was such a widely used name in the past that the fact it shows up in the family tree without being attached to any particular person of note makes it less meaningful. So…[name_u]Francis[/name_u].