Middle name for Isabel (girl #4)

Help us decide on a middle name for baby girl #4! We settled on [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] for a first name (still debating whether to spell it [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] or [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]). Our four other children have names inspired by the Bible, so even though we’re using a variant of [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] for her first name, we’d still like to honor the Biblical connection with her middle name.

Here’s what we’ve thought of so far:

[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Mercy[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_u]Eden[/name_u]
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Esther[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Faith[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Glory[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f]

Thoughts? Suggestions? We’ve used [name_f]Grace[/name_f], [name_f]Lydia[/name_f], [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f], [name_u]Micah[/name_u] and [name_f]Joy[/name_f] with our other kiddos, so those aren’t options.

[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Glory[/name_f] is stunning! I also really like [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Faith[/name_f]. I’ll also suggest [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]!

[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Glory[/name_f] is so striking!

[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] (this spelling) [name_u]Eden[/name_u] is my favorite. [name_f]My[/name_f] absolute favorite biblical girl name is [name_f]Selah[/name_f] so I’ll suggest [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Selah[/name_f]!

I love [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f], [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_u]Eden[/name_u] and [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Esther[/name_f]. When I read the title though, the first name that came to mind was [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_u]Marie[/name_u]. When I read the post, I was surprised because [name_u]Marie[/name_u] is the [name_u]French[/name_u] variation of [name_f]Mary[/name_f] and it fit into what you wanted (I think).

[name_f]My[/name_f] favourite is [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Glory[/name_f] but it’s the same initial as [name_f]Grace[/name_f] and it would leave out [name_f]Lydia[/name_f], but probably I’m just too picky.
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Mary[/name_f] is very elegant, if you are a [name_u]Christian[/name_u] Catholic [name_f]Mary[/name_f] is the perfect girl name but it also works if you aren’t.
[name_f]Esther[/name_f] is a good, solid biblical name and a classic name. [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Esther[/name_f] is great and it’s the one I would ultimately chose given my concern with [name_f]Glory[/name_f].
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Faith[/name_f] are ok but they are the same style as [name_f]Grace[/name_f] and just like [name_f]Grace[/name_f] are very used as middles, often in combination with the latter, so again I feel like [name_f]Lydia[/name_f] is left out.
Not a fan of [name_f]Mercy[/name_f] and [name_u]Eden[/name_u].

[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Magdalene[/name_f] *
[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Tabitha[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Judith[/name_f]

[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Esther[/name_f] is my pick. I had never thought to put those two names together but now I am in love! Would seriously consider it for my own future daughter.

I like all the other options, but I especially love [name_f]Faith[/name_f], [name_f]Mercy[/name_f] and [name_f]Mary[/name_f] :slight_smile:

[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Glory[/name_f] is unexpected and lovely

[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] is my preferred spelling. And my top middle choices from your list are:

[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_u]Eden[/name_u]
[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Glory[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Mercy[/name_f]

[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Mercy[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Glory[/name_f] are absolutely perfect! :heart: I don’t think you need to search for more ideas.

[name_f]Isabel[/name_f]/[name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] is a lovely name, and this is such a great list. I think my favorite is [name_f]Glory[/name_f]: [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Glory[/name_f] or [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] [name_f]Glory[/name_f]. [name_m]Just[/name_m] totally unexpected and gorgeous! I’m having trouble choosing a spelling, but at least with that combo I think my slight favorite is [name_f]Isabel[/name_f]. [name_f]My[/name_f] second favorite from your list would be [name_f]Isabel[/name_f](le) [name_f]Esther[/name_f]. I also really like @may.rose’s suggestion of [name_f]Isabel[/name_f](le) [name_f]Ruth[/name_f].

1 Like

[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Ruth[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Salome[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Sarah[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_u]Shiloh[/name_u]
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Talitha[/name_f]

I’d personally prefer the [name_u]French[/name_u] spelling, but ‘[name_f]Isabel[/name_f]’ or ‘[name_f]Isobel[/name_f]’ works, too.

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] there.

[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] is pretty. I prefer this spelling, as it just looks sleeker. I actually kind of like the Scottish spelling of [name_f]Isobel[/name_f] best, but depending on where in the world you’re located, that may just cause misspelling headaches.

Anyway, onto middle names!

I adore the name [name_f]Esther[/name_f] (and [name_f]Esther[/name_f] seemed like a very cool lady), but [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_u]Eden[/name_u] is just beautiful & unexpected. It flows nicer than some of the others, & just kind of makes [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] seem more sophisticated & less frilly. If that’s what you’re going for, [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_u]Eden[/name_u] is the winner!

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I prefer the sleekness of [name_f]Isabel[/name_f], but [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] is also nice. I really like [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Mercy[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_u]Eden[/name_u] from your list.

[name_f]My[/name_f] youngest is named [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Elena[/name_f]

[name_f]My[/name_f] vote goes to the beautiful [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Mercy[/name_f]!

[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] (that spelling) has jumped on and off my list this pregnancy. We’d probably use [name_f]Mary[/name_f] to highlight the connection between her and [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] at the Visitation. We also considered [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Jane[/name_f] as [name_f]Jane[/name_f] is a feminine form of [name_m]John[/name_m] and [name_f]Elizabeth[/name_f] is the mother of [name_m]John[/name_m] the Baptist.

1 Like

[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Mercy[/name_f], [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Glory[/name_f] and [name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Hope[/name_f] are my faves

[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Esther[/name_f] flows so well, and what a powerful namesake!

[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Glory[/name_f] is exquisite!

[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Verity[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Claire[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Luella[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Lila[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Delilah[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_u]Rae[/name_u]
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_u]Ruby[/name_u]
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Georgia[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] Evangela
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Janella[/name_f]
[name_f]Isabel[/name_f] [name_f]Jemima[/name_f]