Middle name for Isla W***

Sibling names are:

[name]Juliette[/name] [name]Maura[/name] W***
[name]Bella[/name] [name]Ryan[/name] ***
[name]Mia[/name] [name]Sloane[/name] W***
[name]Leo[/name] [name]Magnus[/name] W***

Thanks for your time, berries!

[name]Tara[/name]

I usually love long flowing feminine mns with [name]Isla[/name] like [name]Genevieve[/name], [name]Beatrice[/name], [name]Clementine[/name], [name]Penelope[/name] etc etc

But looking at your set (which makes me swoon BTW) I think maybe a shorter spunkier mn is more appropriate.

[name]Isla[/name] [name]Adair[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Arden[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Bethan[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Briony[/name] (better with the ‘bree-oh-nee’ prn)
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Carys[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Cerys[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Corinne[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] Delyn
[name]Isla[/name] Essylt
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Francesca[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Greer[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Isolde[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Jocelyn[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Kerensa[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Malin[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Milla[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Maren[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Maris[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Merritt[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Niamh[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Nerys[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Rhian[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Rhiannon[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Romola[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Rowan[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Seren[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Sidonie[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Vivia[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Waverly[/name]

Okay, so I did slip a few longer ones in there ”

[name]Lovely[/name] Sibset!

[name]Isla[/name] [name]Hadley[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Quinn[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Rowan[/name]/[name]Reese[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Camryn[/name]/[name]Carys[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Delphine[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Sari[/name]/[name]Sybelle[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Arden[/name]/[name]Adair[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Everly[/name]/[name]Ellis[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Fern[/name]/[name]Fiona[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Inez[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Lenore[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Noreen[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Olivia[/name]/[name]Octavia[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Penn[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Tess[/name]/[name]Therese[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Willow[/name]

Wow!

I like so many of those suggestions!

Thank you for the compliments on the other kid’s names too :)!

[name]Tara[/name]

The mn that immediately came to mind was [name]Claire[/name]. [name]Isla[/name] [name]Claire[/name] is beautiful, and goes so well with your other children’s wonderful names!

[name]Tara[/name],

You’ve got so many wonderful [name]Isla[/name] suggestions, I’ll just name a few of my favorites - [name]Isla[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name], [name]Isla[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name], and [name]Isla[/name] [name]Penelope[/name].

I also wanted to tell you that I think a perfect name to go with [name]Juliette[/name], [name]Bella[/name], [name]Mia[/name], and [name]Leo[/name] is [name]CAMILLE[/name]! I think [name]Camille[/name] is elegant and sophisticated…

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Thanks, [name]Lemon[/name]!

We actually have a close friend with a daughter named [name]Camille[/name]. I do like that name very much, though!

Best-
[name]Tara[/name]

[name]Tara[/name],

Well, your friend has lovely taste in names, as [name]Camille[/name] is so pretty!

[name]Isla[/name] is lovely and all - really, it is! - but have you considered using a simple, classic name? I know you are concerned about popularity, but classics are timeless and elegant, and they would fit beautifully with your children’s names. I really think that [name]Catherine[/name] - even [name]Catherine[/name] [name]Isla[/name] W. - would sound lovely with [name]Juliette[/name], [name]Bella[/name], [name]Mia[/name], and [name]Leo[/name], as it maintains the same subtle sophistication and light, soft feel. [name]Cat[/name] or [name]Cate[/name] are sweet nicknames, too! This would allow you to avoid the -a sound that seems to trouble you, while still using a sweet, feminine name and the quirky [name]Isla[/name]!

For comparison: SSA Popular Names - 2008

[name]Juliette[/name] - #549 ([name]Juliet[/name], #451)
[name]Bella[/name] - #122
[name]Mia[/name] - #14
[name]Leo[/name] - #227

[name]Catherine[/name] - #149 ([name]Katherine[/name], #45) - [name]Both[/name] are declining!
[[name]Isla[/name] - #623]

[name]Just[/name] a thought…

[name]Catherine[/name] is quite popular around here. In fact, [name]Leo[/name]'s Godmother’s name is [name]Catherine[/name]! [name]Bella[/name] has two Catherines in her class. Also,it’s a little too classic for me.

I appreciate the suggestion, though!

[name]Tara[/name]

[name]Tara[/name],

[name]Evangeline[/name], [name]Caroline[/name], [name]Rachel[/name], and [name]Anneliese[/name] would be cute, too.

What is your favorite [name]Isla[/name] combination thus far? And, how many syllables is your last name?

So far I like [name]Isla[/name] [name]Carys[/name], [name]Isla[/name] [name]Quinlan[/name] (after my favorite nun at church) and [name]Isla[/name] [name]Maren[/name]. I cast the name away a few months ago b/c hubby said “no way” but now he’s on board. I haven’t given any thought at all to [name]Isla[/name] until, like, yesterday.

Last name is 1 syllable, starts with ‘W’ and rhymes with good :slight_smile:
[name]How[/name] is that for a clue?

Thanks for all of the brain power you’re putting into this for me! You’re the best!

[name]Tara[/name]

[name]Isla[/name] is pretty.

[name]Isla[/name] [name]Clementine[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Marianne[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Margaret[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Rosemary[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Naomi[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Bridget[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Cecily[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Vivienne[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Frances[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Penelope[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Madeleine[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Corinne[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Genevieve[/name]
[name]Isla[/name] [name]Mathilde[/name]

[name]Tara[/name],

What a clue! I’m guessing you don’t want your last name written out here, so I’ll type it as W0@d. Ha! That looks silly…

Ideally, I’d do a 3-2-1 syllabic pattern for a name, as in [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Lucy[/name] W0@d. I love the balance and melody this pattern creates!

However, if you decide to go with [name]Isla[/name], I’d try a three-syllable middle name, myself. I know you are loving on many a two-syllable name, which is fine, but I personally prefer [name]Isla[/name] [name]Miranda[/name] W0@d to [name]Isla[/name] [name]Maren[/name] W0@d, flow-wise. What do you think?

If you don’t go for [name]Isla[/name], you might like these with [name]QUINLAN[/name]:

[name]Briana[/name] [name]Quinlan[/name] W0@d
[name]Cassidy[/name] [name]Quinlan[/name] W0@d
[name]Finola[/name] [name]Quinlan[/name] W0@d

[name]Rosaleen[/name] [name]Brigid[/name] W0@d

With [name]CARYS[/name], you might like:

[name]Avalon[/name] [name]Carys[/name] W0@d
[name]Eleri[/name] [name]Carys[/name] W0@d
[name]Guinevere[/name] [name]Carys[/name] W0@d
[name]Morgana[/name] [name]Carys[/name] W0@d

With [name]MAREN[/name], you might like:

[name]Karina[/name] [name]Maren[/name] W0@d
[name]Linnea[/name] [name]Maren[/name] W0@d
[name]Malina[/name] [name]Maren[/name] W0@d

Oh-

Also, I rather enjoy [name]Isla[/name] [name]Brigid[/name] Wo@d.
I had never thought of [name]Finola[/name] before! It’s gorgeous, isn’t it?
The nick name [name]Nola[/name] is right cute too!
Hmmmm…you may have sparked a new interest, [name]Lemon[/name]!

Goodnight!
[name]Tara[/name]

[name]Tara[/name],

Yes! I think [name]Finola[/name] is gorgeous, really. And, [name]Nola[/name] is such a pretty, understated nickname. It is close to [name]Nora[/name], but I think it feels lighter and daintier, you know?

I forgot - was it [name]Finola[/name] [name]Quinlan[/name]? That seems to be a perfect compromise between feminine and unisex, melodic and structured. Wow, I’m really lovin’ this name!

PS I could totally see [name]Finola[/name] as a sibling to [name]Juliette[/name], [name]Bella[/name], [name]Mia[/name], and [name]Leo[/name]…

[name]Tara[/name],

Yes! I think [name]Finola[/name] is gorgeous, really. And, [name]Nola[/name] is such a pretty, understated nickname. It is close to [name]Nora[/name], but I think it feels lighter and daintier, you know?

I forgot - was it [name]Finola[/name] [name]Quinlan[/name]? That seems to be a perfect compromise between feminine and unisex, melodic and structured. Wow, I’m really lovin’ this name!

PS I could totally see [name]Finola[/name] as a sibling to [name]Juliette[/name], [name]Bella[/name], [name]Mia[/name], and [name]Leo[/name]…

[name]Lemon[/name] :-)[/quote]

Boo! My hubs nixed [name]Finola[/name]. [name]Said[/name] he hears granola. Sadly, my brother, who is normally on my side with names, agreed with him.

So, right now it’s still [name]Norah[/name] or [name]Isla[/name] (although I’m holding out hope for [name]Poppy[/name]).

Thanks-
[name]Tara[/name]

[name]Tara[/name],

Did you ever ask him about [name]Fiona[/name] instead of [name]Finola[/name], which sounds less like “granola”? I don’t remember if you liked [name]Fiona[/name], but it would be lovely with the kids’ names. And, [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Quinlan[/name] - or even [name]Fiona[/name] [name]Poppy[/name] - would be beautiful!

I mentioned [name]Fiona[/name] a while ago but he and the kids said it makes them think of Shrek. I don’t think they’ll go for it. I do like your suggestions to go with [name]Fiona[/name], though! [name]Just[/name] lovely! You’re really good at combos, [name]Lemon[/name].

Your pal-
[name]Tara[/name]

I mentioned [name]Fiona[/name] a while ago but he and the kids said it makes them think of Shrek. I don’t think they’ll go for it. I do like your suggestions to go with [name]Fiona[/name], though! [name]Just[/name] lovely! You’re really good at combos, [name]Lemon[/name].

Your pal-
[name]Tara[/name][/quote]

[name]Tara[/name],

Argh! Why can nobody get past the Shrek connotation with [name]Fiona[/name]? Ha! I only say that because I asked about [name]Fiona[/name] on a different site once, and everyone was like, “That reminds me of that ugly ogre princess on Shrek!” Considering Shrek isn’t as popular anymore, though, I just don’t see the relevance…

PS Did you see my post about [name]Isla[/name] with the set under Sibling Names?

PPS I love a three-syllable name ending in N for you. Some I though of include [name]Catalin[/name] and [name]Rosalyn[/name]. Or, what about a Y name? [name]Bethany[/name], [name]Cecily[/name], or [name]Emily[/name]?

Take care, [name]Tara[/name]!

When I ask my mom why she chose my name, she says “I saw it in a name book and liked it,” which kind of bums me out. My middle name is a maiden name, which I like because it gives my name meaning.

So when your (or a friend’s) daughter asks “why did you name me X?” do you want to say “some stranger on the internet suggested it and I thought it sounded good with [name]Isla[/name]” or “it’s [name]Jane[/name], because [name]Jane[/name] [name]Austen[/name] is my favorite author” or “[name]Charlotte[/name] after your great-grandmother.”

So I would go with [name]Quinlan[/name] :slight_smile: