Middle Name for Joel - is one syllable okay?

Trying to figure out my baby [name]Joel[/name]'s middle name - is one syllable okay? I’m thinking [name]Vine[/name] or [name]Venn[/name] (a nod to my grandfather, whose middle name was Ventrice). Any other suggestions? I’d like his first and middle initials to work as a nickname too - “JV”, “JD”, etc.

Thanks!

[name]Jenny[/name]

Honestly, I wouldn’t use a one-syllable middle name with [name]Joel[/name] - the flow just isn’t there with something like [name]Joel[/name] [name]Venn[/name]. Hm, nickname initials for [name]Joel[/name]? Well, I guess those would be JC, JD, JJ, JP, [name]JR[/name], JT, and JZ? Though, I’m not sure I’d go around calling my kid JZ - it’s a little (or a lot, rather…) reminiscent of [name]Jay[/name]-Z.

JC
[name]Joel[/name] [name]Christopher[/name]
[name]Joel[/name] [name]Callum[/name]
[name]Joel[/name] [name]Carson[/name]

JD
[name]Joel[/name] [name]Douglas[/name]
[name]Joel[/name] [name]Donovan[/name]
[name]Joel[/name] [name]David[/name]

JJ
[name]Joel[/name] [name]Jagger[/name]
[name]Joel[/name] [name]Jacob[/name]
[name]Joel[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]

JP
[name]Joel[/name] [name]Patrick[/name]
[name]Joel[/name] [name]Peter[/name]
[name]Joel[/name] [name]Patterson[/name]

[name]JR[/name]
[name]Joel[/name] [name]Ryan[/name]
[name]Joel[/name] [name]Rupert[/name]
[name]Joel[/name] [name]Ricardo[/name]

JT
[name]Joel[/name] [name]Theodore[/name]
[name]Joel[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]
[name]Joel[/name] [name]Tatum[/name]

JZ
[name]Joel[/name] [name]Zachary[/name]
Zoel [name]Zedekiah[/name]
[name]Joel[/name] [name]Zion[/name]

(Yeah, I wouldn’t use that last one…) Good luck!

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Why not [name]Joel[/name] Ventrice?

Yeah, I like [name]Joel[/name] Ventrice, too! But, I’d never call my child JV, personally - “junior varsity.” Is that weird, or is it just me?

[name]Lemon[/name] :slight_smile:

Yeah, I like [name]Joel[/name] Ventrice, too! But, I’d never call my child JV, personally - “junior varsity.” Is that weird, or is it just me?

[name]Lemon[/name] :-)[/quote]

Lol! Well it’s better than JZ! I think JV would be cute on a little sporty boy. I mean there was a guy named PC on a reality show… “politically correct” AND “personal computer”? Talk about a weird nickname. Or what about BJ! [name]How[/name] the heck do people go by that??? The nice thing with initial nicknames is that if they don’t end up feeling right for the child, it’s an easy transition to start calling him by his first name. At least that’s how it seems to me, I don’t know.

P.S. JZ would actually be really cute if it weren’t for [name]Jay[/name]-Z!

Thanks for the input (and laughs)! :slight_smile: OK, so no one-syllable names - got it. I would use Ventrice, but our last name starts with “Ess” and it is difficult to say following Ventrice. So, other ideas I have are:

[name]Joel[/name] [name]Kiefer[/name] (my grandmother’s maiden name)
[name]Joel[/name] [name]Winter[/name] (his sister [name]Jane[/name]'s middle name is [name]July[/name], so why not? :))
[name]Joel[/name] [name]Michael[/name] (my dad’s and brother-in-law’s name)
[name]Joel[/name] [name]Henry[/name] (nod to grandmother’s middle name [name]Henrietta[/name])

The initials wouldn’t quite work out as nicknames, but that’s the least of my worries. :slight_smile:

Thanks again for your help!!

[name]Jenny[/name]

I like [name]Joel[/name] [name]Winter[/name] out of your last batch of middle names. I think JW or J Dub would be a very cool nickname. I also like the JT initials.