Middle name for Lila

I love the names [name_f]Lila[/name_f] and [name_f]Violeta[/name_f].

I am considering using [name_f]Violeta[/name_f] as a MN for [name_f]Lila[/name_f], but I am wondering if the double L sound is no good? What is your opinion?

[name_f]Lila[/name_f] [name_f]Violeta[/name_f] is the name I am considering.

Also – I am open to any suggestions! Other names being considered are [name_f]Maria[/name_f], [name_f]Victoria[/name_f] and [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] (which are all family names that I like much less than [name_f]Violeta[/name_f].) We are looking for something that will both go well with our last name, [name_m]Rodriguez[/name_m], and that all of our Spanish-only speaking relatives will be able to say. If this baby is a boy, or the next, his name will be [name_m]Rafael[/name_m] [name_m]Andres[/name_m], so we also want her name to sound good paired with that as we are set on it. The name need not be full-on Spanish, only pronounceable.

Thank you for any input!

Well, a common Nameberry opinion is to not have a first name and middle name that end with the same sound (or start with the same sound) but I think sometimes it works and since there is Spanish heritage involved, this is a more acceptable practice.

[name_f]Lila[/name_f] [name_f]Violeta[/name_f] is lovely. I find [name_f]Lila[/name_f] [name_f]Violette[/name_f] a little more balanced, but that’s just me. I don’t think the Ls overwhelm it as the L in [name_f]Violeta[/name_f] isn’t immediately following [name_f]Lila[/name_f]. Since you love both, I say use 'em.

Thanks! I actually was already considering [name_f]Violette[/name_f] as an alternative as well. I think it is the most beautiful spelling of that name, but I was worried about it seeming pretentious or something–I am probably crazy.

I think [name_f]Lila[/name_f] [name_f]Violetta[/name_f] is gorgeous! Why not use a name you love in the middle!

The L’s don’t stand out too much to me at all. More so the -a endings. But I still think it’s very pretty. [name_f]Lila[/name_f] [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] is also nice, but much more safe. I say go for [name_f]Violeta[/name_f]!

thank you for your feedback! :slight_smile: