Middle name for Nicholas

Hello :slight_smile:

I’m not pregnant atm but hope to be very soon. We love the name [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] but are stuck for a middle name. His last name will be [name_m]Miller[/name_m]. If it’s any help we like the name [name_f]Helena[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] for a girl.

So far all we’ve got is:
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_m]Jason[/name_m] [name_m]Miller[/name_m] ([name_m]Jason[/name_m] after his dad)
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m] [name_m]Miller[/name_m]

I love [name_m]William[/name_m] and my last name is [name_m]Williams[/name_m] so it’s kind of a family name. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it! :smiley:

Any help would be appreciated.

[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_u]Ray[/name_u] is another one. [name_m]Jason[/name_m]'s middle name is [name_u]Ray[/name_u].

I love [name_u]James[/name_u]. Does [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] work?

[name_f]My[/name_f] brother is [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m] so I’ve always liked that combo, but I also like [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] and [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_u]Ryan[/name_u]. I think it works well with a shorter middle name cadence wise, but I think if [name_m]William[/name_m] is significant to you you should just go for it!

Yes, I don’t think [name_m]William[/name_m] flows as well as the shorter names.

[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] is my all time favorite (that was unfortunately off the table for me…but I only have girls anyway). I like [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m] much better than [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_m]Jason[/name_m] (is Dads mn an option?).

[name_f]My[/name_f] [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] favorites:

[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_m]Robert[/name_m] (if I would’ve gotten to use it, this was my combo…[name_m]Robert[/name_m] is my dad)
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_u]Evan[/name_u]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_m]Alexander[/name_m]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_u]Ryan[/name_u]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_m]David[/name_m]

I’ve got [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] on my list too, great name. I think a shorter middle would work better with your fn-ln combo, so how about:

[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_m]Charles[/name_m]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_m]Luke[/name_m]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_m]Jack[/name_m]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_m]Paul[/name_m]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_u]Owen[/name_u]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_m]George[/name_m]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_m]Levi[/name_m]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_m]Oscar[/name_m]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_m]Liam[/name_m] (if [name_m]William[/name_m] is significant to you, you could use a shortened version)
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_u]Dean[/name_u]

I like [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] & [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_m]John[/name_m]. I think [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m] works and it would have lots of significance. Really like this!

Also, maybe…

[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_m]Liam[/name_m] (for [name_m]William[/name_m])

I like [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_m]Liam[/name_m]. [name_f]Helena[/name_f] [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] is gorgeous. More ideas…

[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_u]Blake[/name_u]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_m]Daniel[/name_m]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_u]Jude[/name_u]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_m]Ronan[/name_m]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_u]Quincy[/name_u]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_u]Tristan[/name_u]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_m]Calvin[/name_m]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_m]Brendan[/name_m]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_m]Heath[/name_m]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_u]Finn[/name_u]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_m]Wyatt[/name_m]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_u]Emmett[/name_u]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_m]Beckett[/name_m]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_m]Elijah[/name_m]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_m]Isaac[/name_m]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_m]Gage[/name_m]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_m]Ethan[/name_m]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_m]Wiley[/name_m]

Those were all over the place, sorry.

I think [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_m]Jason[/name_m] [name_m]Miller[/name_m] is the best option from your list, because of its flow. [name_f]Helena[/name_f] is a gorgeous name too, and I don’t normally like [name_f]Margaret[/name_f] but this time I do, as it goes well with [name_f]Helena[/name_f]. I have [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] (and [name_f]Helena[/name_f]) on my own list, and my combinations for it are [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_m]Louis[/name_m], which is closely followed by [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_m]Uriah[/name_m].

[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m] is great! I like using [name_m]Jason[/name_m] to honor dad as well!

[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] is such an awesome name :slight_smile: [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m] is very handsome :slight_smile:

[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_u]Ryan[/name_u]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_m]Oliver[/name_m]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_m]Weston[/name_m]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_m]Liam[/name_m]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_u]Mason[/name_u]
[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]

I would stick with either
[name_m]Nicolas[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m] [name_m]Miller[/name_m]
[name_m]Nicolas[/name_m] [name_m]Jason[/name_m] [name_m]Miller[/name_m]

Which ever you don’t use you can with your second son if you have one. [name_m]Both[/name_m] are great and my fathers family did this his middle is his mothers maiden and his brothers middle is their fathers middle & his ( their grandmothers) mothers maiden. And my brother shares his uncle & grandfathers middle name. I think its great :slight_smile:
[name_m]Nicolas[/name_m] [name_u]Jay[/name_u] [name_m]Miller[/name_m]
[name_m]Nicolas[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] [name_m]Miller[/name_m]
Are also nice and I think just keep an eye on the initials and like I said it seems like you’ve got some good ones picked

Obviously this is not a big deal, because no one else has pointed it out, but [name_u]Nick[/name_u] [name_m]Miller[/name_m] is a main character in the show [name_m]New[/name_m] Girl, which was my first thought. I like [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_m]William[/name_m] [name_m]Miller[/name_m].

Thank you for all the replies. :slight_smile:

[name_m]Jason[/name_m]'s middle name is [name_u]Ray[/name_u]. [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_u]Ray[/name_u]?

[name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_m]Henry[/name_m] is super cute but we have a dog called [name_m]Henry[/name_m]. His registered name is [name_m]Henry[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]. No one needs to know that though, we still love [name_m]Nicholas[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]. :smiley: