middle name for Nora

[name]Hi[/name] all! My sister and her DH just found out they are having a girl!!! She wants to honor our grandmother who passed away a few years ago (who was the sweetest, most wonderful lady, I just have to say) who was named [name]Anne[/name]. They already have a first name they love; [name]Nora[/name] but are trying to come up with creative ways to incorporate [name]Anne[/name] into the middle name as they feel [name]Nora[/name] needs a longer middle name than something with just four letters again. Any suggestions?

Well you could use [name]Nora[/name] [name]Anne[/name], just like that.

Norana [name]Grace[/name] ([name]Nori[/name] for short or [name]Ana[/name])

[name]Nora[/name] [name]Annabelle[/name]

[name]Nora[/name] [name]Annelise[/name]

[name]Just[/name] some thoughts.

Congratulations to your sister (and you)! [name]How[/name] exciting! (I’m sorry about your grandma…)

[name]Nora[/name] [name]Julianne[/name]
[name]Nora[/name] [name]Susanne[/name]
[name]Nora[/name] [name]Vivianne[/name]

I personally don’t think it flows well when first names ending with A are followed by middle names beginning with A (such as [name]Anne[/name], which is one of my favorite names), because I think it creates an awkward pause.

I’m wondering if they’ve considered [name]Eleanor[/name] as a first name, for which [name]Nora[/name] is a nickname.

I think that [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Anne[/name] is beautiful! :slight_smile:

If she’s not bothered by the flow:

[name]Nora[/name] [name]Annabelle[/name] ([name]Annabelle[/name] means “loving,” which describes your grandma)
[name]Nora[/name] [name]Anneliese[/name]

Not all people are bothered by the back-to-back vowel issue, but I thought I’d mention it just in case. :slight_smile:

Best wishes to you and your family!

I hope [name]Jace[/name] is doing well!

[name]Edit[/name]: Sorry for the repeats. The previous poster and I posted our comments at the same time. :slight_smile:

[name]Eleanora[/name] [name]Annette[/name] nn [name]Nora[/name]

Thank you all for the suggestions. I will pass them along. [name]Jill[/name], I agree with you about the pause caused by the back to back A’s…I don’t think it bothers them enough to not use an A name, but they still want to look at all options. And I did mention using [name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Anne[/name]…but my bil isn’t too fond of [name]Eleanor[/name]…we’ll see though :wink:

My votes for them right now are for:

[name]Nora[/name] [name]Julianna[/name]
[name]Eleanor[/name] [name]Anne[/name]
[name]Nora[/name] [name]Annabelle[/name]—(I have to put this one because of [name]Annabelle[/name]'s meaning…just perfect :slight_smile: )

This may be way off from what they like, but my favourite name when it comes to both [name]Anne[/name] and [name]Nora[/name] is [name]Annora[/name] nn [name]Nora[/name] :slight_smile:
That way, they could get the name they like (nn [name]Nora[/name]) and honour their grandmother all in one, and have another nice middle name they really like as well ^^

i like [name]Nora[/name] [name]Leighanne[/name]… or [name]Leanne[/name]… however you want to spell it.
They flow well together…

i also like the previously suggested [name]Annora[/name]… that’s really pretty!!

@Calisse - I’m glad you like [name]Annora[/name], if this were me, she’d be the answer ^^

I got bored, so I found some longer middle names you may not have thought of:
[name]Nora[/name] [name]Diane[/name]
[name]Nora[/name] [name]Vianne[/name]
[name]Nora[/name] Florianne
[name]Nora[/name] [name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Nora[/name] [name]Shoshana[/name]
[name]Nora[/name] [name]Vivianne[/name]
[name]Nora[/name] [name]Marianne[/name]
[name]Nora[/name] [name]Tatiana[/name]
[name]Nora[/name] [name]Rosanne[/name]
[name]Nora[/name] [name]Johanna[/name]
[name]Nora[/name] [name]Julianne[/name]
[name]Nora[/name] [name]Lilianne[/name]
[name]Nora[/name] Hosanna

Some of these have an [name]Anna[/name] element rather than [name]Anne[/name], but the difference doesn’t really matter all that much maybe?
[name]Nora[/name] [name]Vianne[/name] is my favourite, but [name]Nora[/name] [name]Julianne[/name], [name]Nora[/name] [name]Marianne[/name] and [name]Nora[/name] [name]Johanna[/name] rank high as well, especially if you make the J of [name]Johanna[/name] soft, like a Y… [name]Nora[/name] [name]Shoshana[/name] also has tremendous appeal, but might be a bit far-fetched? [name]Vivianne[/name] and [name]Diane[/name] are also lovely, and Florianne was new to me which is mostly why I added her… XD

Good luck!!

norah anne isn’t bad?

Oh boy! I [name]LOVE[/name] [name]Nora[/name] [name]Julianne[/name]!

My favorite is [name]Nora[/name] [name]Julianne[/name] too!!! And no, they don’t think that [name]Nora[/name] [name]Anne[/name] is bad, they just prefer a longer middle name to match the shorter first name [name]Nora[/name]. And it is officially [name]Nora[/name], [name]Eleanor[/name] is out now I guess. So I’m just waiting to hear about the middle now. Thanks for the suggestions, I know they appreciated some outside perspectives!

Ohh for some reason I didn’t see these before my last post. Where did you find the name Anelle? I have never heard it before, I like it!

possibilities- [name]Annalie[/name], [name]Angeline[/name]
I like the suggested [name]Anneliese[/name] and [name]Annabelle[/name].

[name]Nora[/name] [name]Annelise[/name] orNoara [name]Annabell[/name]