See the results of this poll: Which middle name(s) to go with ‘Odette’

Respondents: 49 (This poll is closed)

• Odette Jane : 9 (11%)
  • Odette Elowen : 14 (18%)
  • Odette Eleanor : 17 (22%)
  • Odette Elizabeth : 28 (35%)
  • Odette Ariana : 10 (13%)
  • Odette Charlotte: 1 (1%)

I voted for [name]Odette[/name] [name]Jane[/name]. Your name would flow better if you used a mn starting with a consonant-- [name]Odette[/name] [name]Rowan[/name], [name]Odette[/name] [name]Natalie[/name], [name]Odette[/name] [name]Lucille[/name], etc.

A friend of mine just had a baby girl and named her [name]Odette[/name] [name]Orelie[/name]. She is French.
At first I thought it was going to be [name]Odette[/name] [name]Aurelia[/name] until I saw the spelling on her birth announcement. I love [name]Aurelia[/name].
[name]Odette[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name] is too rhyme-y. You should nix that one.
Good luck!

[name]Elizabeth[/name] has the best flow. Since [name]Odette[/name] is stressed on the last syllable, you want a middle name which is not stressed on the first (shouldn’t place two stressed syllables adjacent to each other). [name]Elizabeth[/name] & [name]Ariana[/name] are your only options, but I think [name]Elizabeth[/name] grounds [name]Odette[/name] and sounds less whimsical.

I agree with [name]Blade[/name] about the syllable emphasis, and I also think it would sound better if your middle name started with a vowel since [name]Odette[/name] ends in the “t” sound. I voted for [name]Elizabeth[/name], although when I saw the title of your thread before clicking through, the one name that popped into me head was [name]Eliza[/name]. I love the sound of [name]Odette[/name] [name]Eliza[/name]. Gorgeous! Good luck!!

I agree that for the best flow, you should find a name with the emphasis on the second or third syllable.
[name]Odette[/name] [name]Susannah[/name]
[name]Odette[/name] [name]Carolina[/name]
[name]Odette[/name] [name]Naomi[/name]
[name]Odette[/name] [name]Paloma[/name]

I thought the other way round? Because the ‘dette’ at the end is quite a powerful sound and sounds like it ends ‘ett’ (like the last ‘e’ isn’t even there) Having said that looking at your suggestions I love the flow of those. [name]Odette[/name] [name]Natalie[/name] is especially pretty. :slight_smile:

Those names are stunning. What I was thinking when I did my poll was to introduce a classic, solid english/celtic name (I am English living in [name]Wales[/name]) to ‘ground’ the delicate frenchness of ‘odette’. Whether this is the right way to go I don’t know (have thought about frenchy middles ([name]Odette[/name] [name]Marie[/name] for example) but those names you mentioned are truly stunning!

Very good advice!! Thank you! [name]Elizabeth[/name] will remain in my poll when I do a second round for sure. [name]Ariana[/name] I was a bit ‘hmmm’ about but threw it in there because it’s a nod to my childhood love of [name]Harry[/name] [name]Potter[/name] XD

[name]Eliza[/name] is gorgeous. I will be jotting that down as a contender, thank you!! :slight_smile:

Super advice! The stress on the ‘o’ as second syllable really compliments the ‘o’ in odette! I am learning a heck of a lot here!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I think [name]Odette[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] has good flow but I am so over the trillions of Elizabeths everywhere, besides I like whimsical a lot and so I suggest [name]Odette[/name] [name]Ottilie[/name] or

[name]Odette[/name] [name]Lorelai[/name]

rollo

PS Sorry double post see the rest of it below

I think [name]Odette[/name] [name]Elizabeth[/name] has good flow but I am so over the trillions of Elizabeths everywhere, besides I like whimsical a lot and so I suggest [name]Odette[/name] [name]Ottilie[/name] or

[name]Odette[/name] [name]Lorelai[/name]
[name]Odette[/name] [name]Olivia[/name] [name]Sage[/name]
[name]Odette[/name] [name]Margot[/name] [name]Raine[/name]
[name]Odette[/name] [name]Calypso[/name] [name]Faye[/name]
[name]Odette[/name] [name]Juno[/name] [name]Wren[/name]
[name]Odette[/name] [name]Cecelia[/name]
[name]Odette[/name] [name]Carolina[/name]
[name]Odette[/name] [name]Freya[/name] [name]Mary[/name]
[name]Odette[/name] [name]Aurelia[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Odette[/name] [name]Jana[/name] [name]Louise[/name] ([name]Jana[/name] = Yah nah)
[name]Odette[/name] [name]Martha[/name] [name]Mia[/name]
[name]Odette[/name] [name]Ramona[/name] [name]Rue[/name]
[name]Odette[/name] [name]Gwendolen[/name] [name]Kate[/name]
[name]Odette[/name] [name]Vivian[/name] [name]Hope[/name]

rollo

wowwieee! thanks for all the suggestions! :smiley: ottilie is an exciting idea… and you’ve made me think of names now I’d not have thought of that are beautiful!: [name]Mary[/name], [name]Vivian[/name] (actually the name of the little Italian-French border village my grandma [name]Odette[/name] grew up in! why didn’t I think of it before??), [name]Gwendolen[/name], [name]Olivia[/name]… [name]MARGOT[/name]!! lol. fantastic. will have to have a good old rethink by the time i do my final poll as this ‘two middles’ idea is starting to feel like a good one… that or I am just a name glutton :stuck_out_tongue:

I voted for [name]Odette[/name] [name]Ariana[/name]. The other choices sound off to me.

[name_f]My[/name_f] mother’s name is [name_f]Odette[/name_f] [name_f]Marie[/name_f]! It is pretty.