Middle name for Phoebe? (UPDATED!)

Upon much deliberation and two posts on this topic, I still can’t decide on a girl name combo for baby #2! Help would be so appreciated!
We have a son named [name_m]Oliver[/name_m] [name_m]David[/name_m] and our last name is similar to [name_u]Anderson[/name_u].

Here’s what I like and dislike about each of the choices my husband and I can agree on:

• Phoebe [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is elegant, timeless, and beautiful, but I worry that [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is too beautiful and noticeable a name to compliment [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] and that it slightly overtakes/outshines it.

• Phoebe [name_f]Belle[/name_f] is my favorite pairing and [name_f]Belle[/name_f] is the perfect soft middle to compliment [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], but the B’s in both names slightly run into each other when said aloud. If it weren’t for that, I would choose it!

• Phoebe [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] could quite possibly be the best of both worlds, but I worry that having two middle names could cause trouble for her on legal documents, and might be overkill with a last name as long as [name_u]Anderson[/name_u].

• Phoebe [name_u]Snow[/name_u] is so ethereal, whimsical, pretty, and perfect for a winter baby (which I’m having) that I can’t help but love it, but I naturally lean more towards classic names that I’m scared I’ll regret choosing something so modern and unique later on.

Which of these is your favorite? I’m so grateful for all the input I’ve received so far and for any more input that can be offered! Please help me choose! :blush: :yellow_heart:

• Phoebe [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]
  • Phoebe [name_f]Belle[/name_f]
  • Phoebe [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f]
  • Phoebe [name_u]Snow[/name_u]

0 voters

I picked [name_u]Snow[/name_u] before but hearing you say that you might regret it later makes me think it’s probably not the name for you. I think the perfect solution is [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f]. I agree that the flow of [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] isn’t great and it runs into each other and sounds a bit like “feeble” but [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] breaks it up and sounds beautiful together!
Lots of people have two middle names so I wouldn’t worry about that too much. Plus, it gives her more to choose from when she’s older.
If not [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] then I would choose [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]. It looks and sounds beautiful and goes very well with your son’s name too.

2 Likes

I think you can’t go wrong with any of them, but here’s my take on them individually!

Phoebe [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] - I don’t think [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] outshines [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] at all! Because [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is so popular, it’s very refreshing to see it with the less-expected [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f], and the popularity stops it from from taking [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f]’s spotlight.

Phoebe [name_f]Belle[/name_f] - :heart_eyes: beautiful! Is the flow the absolute best? Okay, maybe not, but it’s really not bad at all and certainly not bad enough to rule out the combo unless you truly cannot get over the sound of it. For me flow is more of a tiebreaker issue, but you’ve said if the flow isn’t an issue it’s your top choice, so I voted for [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f]!

Phoebe [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] - this is beautiful and could definitely be the best of both worlds! I voted for [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] because you seemed worried about the flow, but from what I’ve read people normally don’t experience much complication with two middles (in the US, at least.) If a form doesn’t have space for two middles you just write the first, and if it only has room for a middle initial you write the first middle’s initial. That’s not based on personal experience but people seem to do just fine with two middles!

Phoebe [name_u]Snow[/name_u] - this is absolutely stunning and I do believe [name_u]Snow[/name_u] has a timeless feel to it! Maybe because of the fairytale. But between your concerns that it sounds too modern and the fact it isn’t your favorite, I didn’t vote for it.

I think if you’re okay with the length, [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] is an excellent choice! But if it’s just too long, [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] is also beautiful. Good luck!

1 Like

Thank you so much! This is incredibly helpful to hear, especially about the two middle names! :yellow_heart:

2 Likes

Thank you so much! You have been so helpful to me! :blush:

1 Like

Phoebe [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] seems perfect to me

1 Like

Phoebe [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] seems like a great compromise and I don’t think it is too long. If you did decide to have one middle name, I think I would go with [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]. Although I love [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_u]Snow[/name_u], I definitely think you shouldn’t go with something that might give you future regrets, especially if that’s your gut reaction already.

2 Likes

I voted for [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] ([name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] doesn’t outshine [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] at all, they work together nicely!) but [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] would be lovely too.

1 Like

Phoebe [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is nice and very timeless. It will mature with her well.

1 Like

First, I agree that [name_f]Belle[/name_f] runs into [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] and would not use it. [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] [name_u]Anderson[/name_u] is definitely a mouthful, but I love [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f]! Finally, [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_u]Snow[/name_u] is really pretty but, even as a fan of word names, I can’t fully get behind [name_u]Snow[/name_u].

2 Likes

Thank you for your input/honesty! I appreciate it! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Phoebe [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] is beautiful and I think they’re a stunning combination.

1 Like

I actually find [name_f]Charlotte[/name_f] to be very dull - rather than being so pretty and stand out next to [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] I feel like it pales next to it, it’s just so standard.

My favourite was [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f], although I do see the flow issue. I assume there’s a reason against [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f]?

1 Like

I like [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Isabelle[/name_f] but my husband doesn’t. Thank you :blush: every opinion is helpful to me! I’m easily swayed.

Thank you :blush:

1 Like

Thank you!!! :blush:

Thank you! :blush:

1 Like

I voted for [name_f]Phoebe[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] but [name_u]Snow[/name_u] was a close contender. I wouldn’t worry too much about popularity because it’s in the middle name slot.