Middle name for Raphael?

I’ve had my heart set on [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] since forever and now we’re expecting our first (15 weeks so we’ll be finding out in 5 weeks hopefully). We have a few middle name options to go with [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] ([name_m]Raffe[/name_m]):

Elijah
[name_u]Finn[/name_u]
[name_u]Tristan[/name_u]

For clarity the surname is [name_u]Bird[/name_u]. Which do you think will work best? Or any other suggestions?

I think [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] [name_u]Bird[/name_u] definitely sounds the best. [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] [name_m]Elijah[/name_m] is hard to pronounce, because of [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] ending in “el” then [name_m]Elijah[/name_m] beginning in “el”. And [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] [name_u]Finn[/name_u] sounds repetitive and kind of tongue-twistery, because of the “ph” in [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] and [name_u]Finn[/name_u] beginning in the same sound.

Other suggestions:

Raphael [name_u]Nolan[/name_u] [name_u]Bird[/name_u]
[name_m]Raphael[/name_m] [name_u]Mason[/name_u] [name_u]Bird[/name_u]
[name_m]Raphael[/name_m] [name_m]Willis[/name_m] [name_u]Bird[/name_u]
[name_m]Raphael[/name_m] [name_m]Wilson[/name_m] [name_u]Bird[/name_u]
[name_m]Raphael[/name_m] [name_m]Sampson[/name_m] [name_u]Bird[/name_u]
[name_m]Raphael[/name_m] [name_u]Quinn[/name_u] [name_u]Bird[/name_u]
[name_m]Raphael[/name_m] [name_m]David[/name_m] [name_u]Bird[/name_u]
[name_m]Raphael[/name_m] [name_m]Gavin[/name_m] [name_u]Bird[/name_u]
[name_m]Raphael[/name_m] [name_m]Ethan[/name_m] [name_u]Bird[/name_u]
[name_m]Raphael[/name_m] [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] [name_u]Bird[/name_u]
[name_m]Raphael[/name_m] [name_m]Xavier[/name_m] [name_u]Bird[/name_u]
[name_m]Raphael[/name_m] [name_m]Isaac[/name_m] [name_u]Bird[/name_u]

Hope something here helps!

1 Like

I LOVE [name_u]Quinn[/name_u]. Hubby doesn’t but he lets me pick middle names. [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] was our first name choice when I was trying to give [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] up. But I can’t! I do like [name_m]Elijah[/name_m] too. I agree, though, now it’s been pointed out that the ph/f sounds with [name_u]Finn[/name_u] are too much

1 Like

Raphael [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] is gorgeous

Raphael [name_m]Forrest[/name_m]
[name_m]Raphael[/name_m] [name_u]Ezra[/name_u]
[name_m]Raphael[/name_m] [name_m]Judah[/name_m]
[name_m]Raphael[/name_m] [name_u]Luca[/name_u]

[name_m]Raphael[/name_m] [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] is absolute perfection–and with your surname, it’s like every part of that combo was made to go with the others! I find [name_m]Elijah[/name_m] just a little bit tongue-twisty with [name_m]Raphael[/name_m], and I don’t love the flow of [name_u]Finn[/name_u] with your surname. I’m hesitant to suggest anything else because I love [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] B— so much, but I do think others have had some great ideas! I especially like [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] [name_m]Isaac[/name_m], [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] [name_u]Ezra[/name_u], and [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] [name_m]Judah[/name_m]. Good luck! :blush:

1 Like

I definitely think [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] is the best!

Raphael and [name_m]Elijah[/name_m] run into each other, and [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] [name_u]Finn[/name_u] feels a little choppy, imho, and the ‘f’ sounds are too much. [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] has the best flow, and I think it’s incredibly handsome.

Raphael [name_m]Elijah[/name_m] is so endearing !!! Very handsome !

1 Like

Raphael [name_u]Tristan[/name_u]! [name_u]Love[/name_u] it!

All the best

You have so many great options here, I cannot add anything!

Of your original options, [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] is choice one, followed by [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] [name_m]Elijah[/name_m]. [name_u]Finn[/name_u] and [name_u]Bird[/name_u] don’t flow with each other, and are really wordy.

[name_f]My[/name_f] thoughts exactly!

Raphael [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] and [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] [name_m]Elijah[/name_m] both sound great! For me, [name_m]Elijah[/name_m] slightly edges out due to its rich history and Biblical roots, but both are great and you can’t go wrong.

These are all such beautiful names. I think my favorite is [name_m]Raphael[/name_m] [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] [name_u]Bird[/name_u]!

[name_u]Tristan[/name_u]!!!

1 Like

[name_m]Raphael[/name_m] [name_u]Tristan[/name_u] B!rd would be so handsome and cool! I love it :heart:

More ideas:
[name_m]Raphael[/name_m] [name_u]Elliott[/name_u]
[name_m]Raphael[/name_m] [name_u]Timothy[/name_u]
[name_m]Raphael[/name_m] [name_m]Vincent[/name_m]
[name_m]Raphael[/name_m] [name_m]Theodore[/name_m]
[name_m]Raphael[/name_m] [name_m]Roderick[/name_m]
[name_m]Raphael[/name_m] [name_m]Lewis[/name_m]
[name_m]Raphael[/name_m] [name_m]Benedict[/name_m]
[name_m]Raphael[/name_m] [name_u]Christian[/name_u]

1 Like