Middle Name for "SAWYER"

Brother is [name]Tatum[/name] [name]Joshua[/name]
…baby boy #2 will be [name]Sawyer[/name] ________ [name]Fain[/name] (any [name]Dane[/name], [name]Lane[/name], [name]Cane[/name], etc. are out)

Hubby also doesn’t like [name]Christopher[/name], [name]Finn[/name], [name]Flynn[/name], or [name]Jack[/name]. Is [name]Thomas[/name] too “[name]Tom[/name] [name]Sawyer[/name]” if it’s [name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Thomas[/name]? Please help! Any suggestions are appreciated! We can’t ask family/friends for help since we are keeping the name secret until the shower! Thank you :slight_smile:

Oooo, [name]LOVE[/name] the name [name]Sawyer[/name]…it’s on my short list too!

I think “[name]Tom[/name]” for the middle name is a bit too [name]Tom[/name] [name]Sawyer[/name], but if you stick to [name]Thomas[/name], it’s not too obvious and you can probably get away with it.

Other middle name suggestions…I would like to see something a little “old fashioned” in there to balance it a bit.

[name]Do[/name] you have any family names you would like to use to honour someone? I find that just based on the decade they were born, family names tend to work well in middle name position.

For some reason, I mostly like one or three syllable names for the middle.

[name]Sawyer[/name] [name]John[/name] [name]Fain[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Lawrence[/name] [name]Fain[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name] [name]William[/name] [name]Fain[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Benjamin[/name] [name]Fain[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Grant[/name] [name]Fain[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name] [name]James[/name] [name]Fain[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Elijah[/name] [name]Fain[/name]

I agree with the pp that [name]Thomas[/name] is out. Since [name]Sawyer[/name] is a unisex name, I think you need a masculine traditional name in the middle. Maybe [name]Joseph[/name], [name]Matthew[/name], [name]Daniel[/name], [name]David[/name], [name]Charles[/name], [name]William[/name], [name]Marcus[/name], [name]George[/name], [name]Nathaniel[/name], [name]Henry[/name]?

Hubby didn’t like any of the suggestions. He’s “ok” with [name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Jacob[/name], and suggested [name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Baron[/name]. Any thoughts on these or any other ideas?

Are you LOST fans? Because if you go with “[name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Jacob[/name],” you will probably be getting a lot of comments about the television show. I like the name [name]Sawyer[/name], but would avoid other names that were used on the show to avoid the connection, unless you want to go that route. (I love LOST, so very much, and I also love the name [name]Evangeline[/name] [name]Kate[/name], but…yeah, can’t go that route!)

(Other names might present that problem: [name]Desmond[/name], [name]Jack[/name], [name]Michael[/name], [name]Walt[/name], [name]Hugo[/name], [name]Ben[/name], [name]Linus[/name], [name]John[/name], [name]James[/name], [name]Ford[/name], [name]Miles[/name], [name]Daniel[/name], [name]Frank[/name], [name]Charlie[/name], [name]Ethan[/name], [name]Liam[/name], [name]Burke[/name], [name]Christian[/name], [name]Boone[/name], and [name]Aaron[/name].)

Haha, I agree with pp about LOST characters. Which is too bad b/c they used a lot of good names on that show!!

I tink a longer masculine name would be best, but I’d have a little more fun with it. It’s just a mn afterall…

[name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Montgomery[/name] [name]Fain[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name] Bartholemew [name]Fain[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Broderick[/name] [name]Fain[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Grant[/name] [name]Fain[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Zachary[/name] [name]Fain[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Timothy[/name] [name]Fain[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Callahan[/name] [name]Fain[/name]

[name]How[/name] about:

[name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Levi[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Isaac[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Bennet[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Nicholas[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Graham[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Lewis[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Eli[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Nolan[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Grayson[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Emmett[/name]
[name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Miles[/name]

Is [name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Jacob[/name] a character on Lost? Ahh I had no clue! Thank you for letting me know, I definitely would not have wanted to face that. I haven’t ever watched Lost so I’m not familiar with the characters. We actually have decided to go with [name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Henri[/name] or [name]Sawyer[/name] [name]Henry[/name]. Surname mixed with traditional…perfect fit! Thank you for all of your help!

[name]James[/name] “[name]Sawyer[/name]” [name]Ford[/name] is a character on LOST, and [name]Jacob[/name] is part of the Island mystery. (To say more would spoil it all.) I will say that [name]Henry[/name] is not a main character on LOST, but there is a pretty significant story arc within the second season in which a character named “[name]Henry[/name] [name]Gale[/name]” is very important. Since he’s only in season two, though, and because of another reason (spoilers), that name’s association with the show is much less than [name]Jacob[/name]'s! ([name]Jacob[/name] is a huge, HUGE part of the show, and [name]Sawyer[/name] is one of the main characters and is in pretty much every single episode. Plus he’s a really awesome character.)

I have seen a few people post “[name]Graham[/name] or [name]Grant[/name]” I think those two sound the best with [name]Sawyer[/name]. I also like [name]Oliver[/name]. That’s not too [name]Mark[/name] [name]Twain[/name] obvious, but not [name]Thomas[/name] or [name]Tom[/name]!