Middle name for Silas (...that's not James)?

Need middle name suggestions for [name]SILAS[/name] that flow well with our last name LUEDECKER (pr. Loo-dec-ker)

Stumped. Thanks!

[name]Silas[/name] [name]Bennett[/name]
[name]Silas[/name] [name]George[/name]
[name]Silas[/name] [name]Dean[/name]
[name]Silas[/name] [name]John[/name]
[name]Silas[/name] [name]Martin[/name]
[name]Silas[/name] [name]Tate[/name]
[name]Silas[/name] [name]Vaughan[/name]
[name]Silas[/name] [name]David[/name]
[name]Silas[/name] [name]Vincent[/name]
[name]Silas[/name] [name]Joseph[/name]
[name]Silas[/name] [name]Henry[/name]
[name]Silas[/name] [name]Nathan[/name]
[name]Silas[/name] [name]Barnaby[/name]
[name]Silas[/name] [name]Grant[/name]
[name]Silas[/name] [name]Quentin[/name]
[name]Silas[/name] [name]Reid[/name]
[name]Silas[/name] [name]Timothy[/name]

[name]Silas[/name] [name]John[/name]
[name]Silas[/name] [name]Daniel[/name]
[name]Silas[/name] [name]Logan[/name]
[name]Silas[/name] [name]Harry[/name]
[name]Silas[/name] [name]Henry[/name]
[name]Silas[/name] [name]George[/name]
[name]Silas[/name] [name]Kevin[/name]
[name]Silas[/name] [name]Owen[/name]
[name]Silas[/name] [name]Richard[/name]
[name]Silas[/name] [name]Theo[/name]

Did you decide against [name]Silas[/name] [name]Porter[/name] then? I liked it. My first thought as an alternative was [name]Silas[/name] [name]William[/name].

[name]Ash[/name]
[name]Bay[/name]
[name]Beck[/name]
[name]Brock[/name]
[name]Cash[/name]
[name]Claude[/name]
[name]Dash[/name]
[name]Finn[/name]
[name]Fox[/name]
[name]Grant[/name]
[name]Gray[/name]
[name]John[/name]
[name]Kent[/name]
[name]Knox[/name]
[name]March[/name]
[name]Mark[/name]
[name]Max[/name]
[name]Nash[/name]
[name]Oak[/name]
[name]Penn[/name]
[name]Poe[/name]
[name]Rain[/name]
[name]Vaughn[/name]
[name]West[/name]

[name]Silas[/name] [name]Asher[/name]
[name]Silas[/name] [name]Caleb[/name]
[name]Silas[/name] [name]Edmund[/name]
[name]Silas[/name] [name]Gideon[/name]
[name]Silas[/name] [name]Howard[/name]
[name]Silas[/name] [name]Jackson[/name]
[name]Silas[/name] [name]Levi[/name]
[name]Silas[/name] [name]Roman[/name]

Good luck!

Jackjet, I really do like [name]SILAS[/name] [name]PORTER[/name], but I had the same qualms as some of the other posters who said the double -er with the middle and last names was a little bothersome. …And that’s exactly what it is, a little bothersome. It’s not enough to remove it from my Top 5, but reason enough to get me thinking about possible alternatives. I do like that [name]Porter[/name] softens the “strength” of the name [name]Silas[/name], which counts as another pro in [name]Porter[/name]'s corner, LOL. Clearly I’m just being indecisive.

But thanks so much for telling me you liked it! Positive reinforcement helps!

I think you should stick with [name]Silas[/name] [name]Porter[/name]. I read your old thread and if I remember correctly [name]Porter[/name] was a family name? You will probably always prefer that over a random name that technically sounds better. [name]Even[/name] though [name]Porter[/name] and your last name share the same -er ending, your last name is long and there are “barrier” syllables/sounds in between the two -er’s, so to speak. I said it out loud a few times and I think the combination sounds very distinguished!
In school and everywhere else his middle name will probably seldom be used alongside his last, so as long as you don’t mind the two names together, that’s all that is important!

I agree, I think [name]Silas[/name] [name]Porter[/name] works, especially if it’s only a little bothersome to you. But my oldest three kids’ names and my dh’s name and my name all kind of rhyme with our last name (has a -son ending, like [name]Simpson[/name]: [name]Darwin[/name] [name]Simpson[/name], [name]Solomon[/name] [name]Simpson[/name], etc.). It doesn’t bother me at all. I think repetition like that can be nice, and it will be fairly subtle with that name.

[name]Silas[/name] [name]Joel[/name] ?

I think that the double -er might make it better, it creates assonance between the middle and last names. It also seems to add a little weight, so it will be a good man’s name-- like he could run a [name]Fortune[/name] 500.