Middle Name for Simon

Long post warning…

Hello! As some of you may know, [name_m]Simon[/name_m] has been my favorite name for as long as I’ve been interested in names.

My oldest name combination is [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m]. I still really like this combination; it feels bright, accessible, and like it will grow with the wearer. Although the names aren’t quite the same style, they have similar feelings to me.
However, I’m not sure I love [name_m]Leo[/name_m]. I certainly like it! But it doesn’t feel quite as special as some of my other combinations do. [name_m]Leo[/name_m] is a family name, but it’s not a family name I particularly care about honoring. I also worry that [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m] feels insubstantial.

On my user card right now is [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Salvatore[/name_m]; [name_m]Salvatore[/name_m] is a family name that has a little more meaning than [name_m]Leo[/name_m]. I do like the alliteration and the added drama of [name_m]Salvatore[/name_m], but I’m not sure about the combination. I like [name_m]Salvatore[/name_m], but I don’t love it the same way that I do [name_m]Simon[/name_m]. I like the combination, but I’m not sure it will last.

Another combination I’ve considered is [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u]. [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] is another name that I’ve always liked, and has a similar feeling to [name_m]Simon[/name_m], but the combination together feels slightly lackluster.

I’ve considered a few other combinations, but I’ve rambled for long enough. :laughing: [name_m]Simon[/name_m]’s middle name doesn’t matter right now; I expect I’ll change my mind a few more times before it matters and my situation changes. I just enjoy thinking about it!

Anyway… thank you for making it all the way to the end! Thoughts on these combinations? Suggestions?

I love [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m]–I don’t find it insubstantial at all!–but the important thing is that you feel enthusiastic about it, and it sounds like you’re at least interested in looking at other options. [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Salvatore[/name_m] is super cool! I agree with you that I like the alliteration, and it definitely has a little more flair. [name_m]Salvatore[/name_m] is a little outside of my own style/comfort zone, but I can totally appreciate its appeal and I love that it’s a meaningful family name for you. I think it balances [name_m]Simon[/name_m] nicely. And [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] is lovely too! It has a definite Biblical bent to my ear; totally up to you whether that’s a plus or a minus, just wanted to note it. Anyway, I think you have three great options here, so I guess I’m not much help in that sense :joy:But I’ll also throw out a few suggestions…

Simon [name_u]Calloway[/name_u]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_u]Cruz[/name_u]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Dashiell[/name_m]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_u]Elias[/name_u]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Emilio[/name_m]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_u]Indigo[/name_u]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Isidore[/name_m]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Jago[/name_m]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_u]Jonah[/name_u]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Julius[/name_m]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Leander[/name_m]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Malachi[/name_m]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Nikolai[/name_m]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Phineas[/name_m]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Santiago[/name_m]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Thiago[/name_m]
[name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_u]Valentine[/name_u]

I really like [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m] -[name_m]Leo[/name_m] brings a brightness to [name_m]Simon[/name_m]!

Simon [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] is lovely too -I like the feel and charming

Simon [name_m]Raphael[/name_m], [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_u]Elias[/name_u], [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Leonardo[/name_m], [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Alistair[/name_m] and [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Isidore[/name_m] came to mind

I like [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Salvatore[/name_m] a looooootttt. That is so regal! But I think they all work, for me the priority would be who you want to honor, but that might not be your priority

Simon [name_m]Salvatore[/name_m] is my favorite! I love alliterated names so I’m a sucker for it, and it brings its own uniqueness without being made up or too out there!

I think in general the right name won’t come until you can find a name you love just as much as [name_m]Simon[/name_m], it’s a shame but I’m the same so hopefully NB can help in that!

@dandy_orchid, thank you! I appreciate you addressing my concerns and your suggestions! [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_u]Elias[/name_u], [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Isidore[/name_m], [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Leander[/name_m], and [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Santiago[/name_m] (it has the same fun vibe as [name_m]Salvatore[/name_m]) are wonderful.

@katkabet, [name_m]Leonardo[/name_m] is actually the full family name, and while it’s not my style on its own, I’ve been eyeing it as a more substantial middle for [name_m]Simon[/name_m]. I’m glad you suggested it! [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Isidore[/name_m] and [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Josiah[/name_m] are lovely. Thank you! (Also, [name_f]Salvatrix[/name_f] is fun)

@Greyblue, thank you for your thoughts! I’m glad to see repeat votes for [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_u]Elias[/name_u], [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Isidore[/name_m], and [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Leonardo[/name_m].

@eattacosforbreakfast, I’m glad you like [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Salvatore[/name_m]! I’m still playing with the middles, but [name_m]Salvatore[/name_m] definitely is the best honor.

@princesspanda, thank you! I’m inclined to agree with you; I don’t love any of these names yet. [name_m]Simon[/name_m] rarely has competition! Luckily, Nameberry has helped both expand and prune my list.

Thank you all for your thoughts! You’ve definitely helped.

2 Likes

Love both [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Salvatore[/name_m]!! I’ve had such a huge crush on [name_m]Salvatore[/name_m], and I’m so jealous you have a meaningful connection to it. [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u] is nice too, though it just doesn’t sparkle as much as the others.

I will also note that there might be a common association for [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Salvatore[/name_m]. There was a character called [name_m]Stefan[/name_m] [name_m]Salvatore[/name_m] on popular teen vampire show a few years ago. It was really popular where I live. So it does feel a bit character-y. Though I think if it’s a middle name it wouldn’t be much of an issue anyway.

I love [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Leo[/name_m] and [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_u]Gabriel[/name_u].

Another idea is [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m]

@rhodes2nowhere, thank you! I wasn’t aware of the association, so I’m glad you mentioned it.

@flamingo, thanks! I love [name_m]Simon[/name_m] [name_m]Nathaniel[/name_m].

1 Like