Middle name for Vincent

[name_m]Hi[/name_m] everyone,

I would love to hear some thoughts on a middle name for [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u].

I love [name_u]Emmett[/name_u], but think the double ‘t’ endings of the names might be too awkward sounding?

Things we are looking for in a name:

• Something that has a nice meaning. [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] means conquerer. We’d like to find a middle name that gives it some balance. We considered [name_m]Frederick[/name_m] (means peaceful), but thought it sounded a little too regal when paired.

• Something that makes [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] “pop” - I think without the right middle name, [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] can sound a little faded? Not popular or modern, but still fresh sounding…

• A name that doesn’t start with A, as his initials would be VAJ :confused:

• Would love the name to be Hebrew, but not necessary.

Other names we like:

• [name_m]Reuben[/name_m] (saving this in case we have another boy in the future).
  • [name_u]August[/name_u]
  • [name_m]Marcello[/name_m]
  • [name_m]Arthur[/name_m]

Thank you very much for any help!

Hebrew names with a more humble or natural meaning:

Elon (Oak tree)
Ephraim (Fruitful)
Omri (Life or servant, also used in the book “The Indian in the Cupboard”)
Oren (Pine tree)
Raphael (God heals, too regal?)
Reuel (Friend of God, even better if you’re a Tolkien fan)
Ronen (Song, joy)
Shiloh (Tranquil)
*There’s also Jesse, meaning gift, but obviously Jesse James has certain connotations.

Non-Hebrew names, but might be good options:

Callum (Dove)
Gareth (Gentle, also a knight of the round-table)
Robin (Bright)
Stellan (Calm)
Warin (Protect)

If you really like Emmett, I don’t think the double ‘t’ ending is that big of an issue being that they’re pretty far apart. If it were Vincent Clint, that might be too much, but Emmett has a very different sound.

[name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_u]Pax[/name_u] came to mind - [name_u]Pax[/name_u] means peace and feels fresh

[name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_m]Elijah[/name_m]
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_m]Milo[/name_m]
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_m]Jonah[/name_m]
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_m]Ezra[/name_m]

My first thought was [name_u]Jude[/name_u] or [name_m]Judah[/name_m]. It’s Hebrew in origin and means “praised”. You’d have to like the alliteration, though. If that doesn’t bother you, my second thought was [name_m]Jonah[/name_m]! [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]. I think it sounds really cool and makes [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] pop. [name_m]Jonah[/name_m] is Hebrew and means “dove”, which is of course a symbol for peace, so that would balance out the meaning of [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] :slight_smile:
Other suggestions:
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_m]Ezra[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] (“help”)
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_m]Levi[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] (“joined, attached”)
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_m]Silas[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] (“wood, forest”)
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_u]Micah[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] (“who is like the [name_m]Lord[/name_m]”) - this one sounds the most dated to my ear, probably because of [name_u]Micah[/name_u]'s similarity to [name_u]Michael[/name_u], which sounds a little overused to me.
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_u]Noah[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] (“rest, wandering”)
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_u]Kai[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] (“sea”)

Slightly out-there suggestions:

[name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_m]Burton[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u]
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_u]Sullivan[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u]

After typing my post I realized the initials V.A.J. were a no-go, otherwise I would have suggested:
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_m]Asher[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] (“fortunate, blessed, happy one”)
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_m]Atticus[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] (ok, no special meaning, but I think the combo sounds so cool and fresh!!)
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_u]Arden[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u] (“valley of the eagle”)
[name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_u]August[/name_u] [name_u]James[/name_u]! ([name_u]August[/name_u] is one of my favorite names!)

Honestly I think you can’t really go wrong with any name, since you already have the very solid and cool [name_m]Vincent[/name_m] [name_u]James[/name_u] to work with. Have fun naming your boy :wink: