Middle name help needed for Cecilia!

This is my first post here. I’m stuck and in need of help for our first baby due in [name]December[/name]. We are almost decided on the name [name]Cecilia[/name], but we are now stuck on what middle name we would go with. Our last name is a two syllable common name starting with M.

Our original plan was to use [name]Claire[/name] as a middle name (family name), but [name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Claire[/name] seems like too many "c"s. And we really want to use a family name for a middle, but there are no other one syllable family names that really seem to flow well with [name]Cecilia[/name]. We have a [name]Jane[/name], [name]Ruth[/name], and [name]Nell[/name].

[name]Non[/name]-family names we like and are thinking about:
[name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Wren[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Fern[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name] [name]True[/name]

Any thoughts?

I love [name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Claire[/name]. Does it have to be one-syllable?

[name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Maeve[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name] [name]June[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Caroline[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Violet[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Annabel[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Hazel[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Ivy[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Daphne[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Bryony[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Iris[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Charlotte[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Eloise[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Frances[/name]

We thought it might need to be 1 syllable to balance out the 4 syllable first name. Also, we want to use the nn Cece and don’t want people to confuse it for an initial nn, “C.C.”

I do like [name]Maeve[/name] and [name]Hazel[/name] out of your suggestions.

Any opinions on [name]Beryl[/name]? It was a grandmother’s middle name…I thought it might be too old lady, but now I’m wondering…

First of all, welcome! I [name]LOVE[/name] the name Celilia! It was my great grandmothers name, so I’ve put a lot of thought into it!

I actually love [name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Claire[/name] M (does your last name happen to end in er and have a couple Ls in it? Because that’s what I’m imagining!). Since the Cs in [name]Cecilia[/name] sound like Ss, I don’t think you need to worry about having too many Cs!

[name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Jane[/name] is actually one of my favorite [name]Cecilia[/name] combos, though i love [name]Jane[/name] just about anywhere! [name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] is alright, not bad but not great. And I don’t think [name]Cecily[/name] [name]Nell[/name] has a great flow.

You said you would like to use a family name. I would encourage you to do so, and not choose something you like just because you like it. I know that I almost did that because i was getting so frustrated trying to pick a family name. But we did go with family names for my sons middles and I am beyond glad we did. I know i wouldn’t be happy with his name if I had just picked something I loved but didn’t have meaning. That’s just my opinion of course, but you did say you wanted to use a family name!

I like [name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Beryl[/name]! Nothing is too old lady in the middle! Hmm, what do you think of [name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Berry[/name] or [name]Cecilia[/name] Bery? [name]Kinda[/name] whimsical, and takes away the old feeling of [name]Beryl[/name]. Though, I don’t really think [name]Beryl[/name] sounds old just sounds like a surname to me!

As [name]Lyndsay[/name] advised, I think you should use a family name. Luckily, you have some nice options.

[name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Claire[/name] – Wonderful!! I don’t see any reason not to use it if it’s your first choice. I really don’t think the C.C. factor will be a problem since Cece as a nn is so obviously fitting and not unexpected for [name]Cecilia[/name].

[name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Jane[/name] – Nice, but I prefer [name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Claire[/name].

[name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Ruth[/name] – Not bad, but I prefer [name]Claire[/name] or [name]Jane[/name] with [name]Cecilia[/name].

[name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Nell[/name] – Not a fan of this one

[name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Beryl[/name] – I would only use this if it is the relative you most want to honor. (One of my aunts is [name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Bernice[/name].)

I loooove [name]Beryl[/name]!!! I’m so glad someone is considering it. And it sounds good with [name]Cecilia[/name], too. The only one syllable middle names I can think of are [name]Gem[/name], [name]Gwen[/name], [name]Belle[/name], [name]Lynn[/name], [name]Quinn[/name], [name]Star[/name], [name]Skye[/name], and [name]Storm[/name].
It depends on how you pronounce it - Sess-il-e-yah or Sess-eel-ya. But I think I like [name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Belle[/name] the best.

Thanks for the input! We have lots of time still, so we’re going to ruminate over
[name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Beryl[/name]
[name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
and
[name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Claire[/name]

Of course, since I like to change my mind a lot, I’m also reconsidering [name]Dorothy[/name] as a first name (my late grandma). I really like [name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Claire[/name] (nn [name]Dory[/name], [name]Doe[/name], or [name]Dot[/name]) but I’m hesitant to jump on the old lady name bandwagon, as I fear the trend will come to an end, and those children with these very vintage names will be “dated” in 5 or 10 years. Thoughts??

Of course, since I like to change my mind a lot, I’m also reconsidering [name]Dorothy[/name] as a first name (my late grandma). I really like [name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Claire[/name] (nn [name]Dory[/name], [name]Doe[/name], or [name]Dot[/name]) but I’m hesitant to jump on the old lady name bandwagon, as I fear the trend will come to an end, and those children with these very vintage names will be “dated” in 5 or 10 years. Thoughts??[/quote]

I do like your choices, and of them [name]Cecilia[/name] [name]Claire[/name] really charms me. I think [name]Dorothy[/name] is lovely too though, and just prefer another middle name with it ~ some ideas to consider:
[name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Jane[/name]
[name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Lee[/name]
[name]Dorothy[/name] [name]Blue[/name]
[name]Dorothy[/name] [name]May[/name]

As to the trendiness factor, I think a lovely name like either of those you’ve chosen simply brings a little bit of an historical dimension with it, a quality not, to my mind, trendy at all!