Middle name help!

This is THE LAST TIME I will be bugging you about my name change (who’s more relieved: you or me?), which kind of feels like the end of an era. But one like high school, where I’m excited to bail.

I decided on [name_f]Kate[/name_f] as my first name, instead of opting for [name_f]Katherine[/name_f] or [name_f]Katerina[/name_f]: at the end of the day, I know what I want to be called, and after living with my trauma-heavy birth name for 20+ years, I figure I should just cut to the chase and make it what I really want it.

…So, yeah, no suggesting a longer form or switching it to the second spot: just tell me what you like best. [name_m]Don[/name_m]'t tell me what you don’t like or what you like the least, because this is one of the happier afternoons of my life and I obviously like my combos. No parade raining in this thread.

You can suggest other middles, though, and I’m open to multiple ones (if the sound of something is too good to pass up).

Also, I’m a very “go with your gut” kind of girl, so my apologies in advance if every one of you prefers one option and I go with its polar opposite. It’s not that I don’t value your input, it’s just that I’m ridiculous.

So, here are my finalists:
[ul]

[/ul]

Any suggestions can’t start with E, L, or O, because I am extraordinarily weird like that.

Thanks in advance, Berries! And thanks for all the help you’ve given me on this journey before today, too, even though I suck at keeping up with my threads. You’re the best x

I like [name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] and [name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]; the former is a bit more youthful, more fun, the latter is more sophisticated, a bit more dainty but still strong.

Thanks for your input! I like the way you think :slight_smile:

[name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] is my favourite! [name_m]Just[/name_m] lovely and I like the Shakespearean theme in your names, sounds classic. :slight_smile:

[name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] and [name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f]! I love [name_f]Kate[/name_f] on her own.

@anyagreenwitch, it actually wasn’t even intentional! It turns out I like it, too, though :wink:

@boyandgirl, thanks! That makes me feel better about it: I’m not budging, but when I told my dad he was like “That’s so PLAIN.”

I’ve cut my list down to just [name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f], [name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_f]Magdalena[/name_f], and [name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f] now, but the united front here is about to kick that down to two.

[name_m]Just[/name_m] bumping this because I’m so excited! I’ve decided on [name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f]: it was close between that and [name_f]Rosalind[/name_f], but [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] has a lot of meaning for me, personally, so ultimately that won out.

Thank you so much, everyone who’s put up with me throughout all this! Now I just have to settle on a last name :stuck_out_tongue:

I like them all. Classic choices. [name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_f]Magdalena[/name_f] is my favourite, strong, fun and classic without being old and stuffy. It also feels rhythmic and rolly to say.

[name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_f]Soleil[/name_f] is the one I like the best.

[name_f]Kate[/name_f] [name_f]Juliet[/name_f] is an excellent choice [name_f]IMO[/name_f]:slight_smile: