Middle name help!

My 11 month old daughter is named Leni Bloom. We are expecting another little girl at the end of August and they will be just 14 months apart.

We are undecided between Lou and Ada for the baby, so are still playing around with middle names for each. Options so far are:

Lou Frances
Lou Emilia
Lou Antonia
Lou Madeline
Lou Ezer

Ada James
Ada Moss
Ada Wren
Ada Darling (don’t think my husband would ever go for it but it is quite sweet)
Ada Lou
Ada Lee

Which do you like the most from each, and/or any others?! We are hoping for something a bit more contemporary to pair with Ada to modernize it, as it is much more of a vintage name compared to big sister Leni :sun_with_face::sparkles:

1 Like

I like [name_u]Lou[/name_u] [name_f]Antonia[/name_f], [name_u]Lou[/name_u] [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] and [name_u]Lou[/name_u] [name_f]Frances[/name_f].

1 Like

I love [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_u]James[/name_u], [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u] or [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_u]Lou[/name_u]!

1 Like

congrats! what lovely names!

lou - this will give you a very matchy set, which leads to questions - do you plan on having others? will you keep the theme going? would you mind, if not, repeat initials and potentionally living a sibling out without a matching letter? are you ok with possible “ok are they twins??”

ada - gives ~vintage, but nice.

combo-wise:
lou frances - extra vintage, nice flow
lou rhea - it sounds… mildly like a disease :speak_no_evil:
lou james - the flow aint it
lou madeline - madeline balances lou out with its youth
lou ezer - so cool?! original and spunky

ada lou - now thats a compromise
ada wren/ren - very cottagecore, great sound
ada darling - it’s so darling!
ada james - though i have a personal beef with james on girls, it does sound good

on sibset:
leni bloom and…
ada darling was the first to stand out to me!
ada wren - i’m stuck at this imagery of a yellow room at dusk, orange rays of the setting sun coming in through the window, dust sparkling gold in the air, green trees outside, a little wren bird you can see through the window singing its little song
lou ezer - with ezer being slightly unexpected, it just vibes with leni bloom
lou madeline - matching cool, feminine but kickbutt sisters; red lipstick and combat boots

2 Likes

Agree with @Aren - incl re flow of Lou James being off and the disease sound with Rhea. I would add I don’t love Lou Ezer though because it sounds like Louisa but dragged out or a little warped, also I think a consonant is better after Lou. But I can see it’s appeal. Lou Maxine works, I just don’t know if it’s the one! Lou Madeline is prettier to me (and still cool and crisp somehow).

I also think if you’re going fairly matchy with Lou (and OK with continuing L theme and the girls feeling more like twins and being treated more like twins), you might as well match Bloom too - so as said, maybe Lou Meadow, Lou Goldie, Lou Solstice, or Lou Sparrow. (But Lou Madeline more sophisticated.)

As for Ada, Maude sounds too depressing with Ada to me - too medical/morose - it doesn’t liven up the name (it makes it more dusty vintage).

I would choose Ada Lou (if outside Oz /some parts of UK where it could be “ate a loo” (toilet)) or else Ada Wren (though the ate a thing still applies). Ada James works and is probs my the most straightforward but I think Darling is the best with Leni Bloom!

I might choose a bit differently (would have to as an Australian), and go for Ada Lovella, or something Ada Sylvie, Ada Phoebe, Ada Zoe, Ada Cleo, or probably go for Ida instead (mostly because of the way Aussies often turn Ts into Ds esp when talking fast). Ada/Ida Lovella would be what I’d choose today.

Overall, Lou Madeline, Ada Darling or another combo would be my suggestions. Hope this helps, even just to make you clearer on your choices against this advice.

2 Likes

[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u] or [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_u]Lou[/name_u]

[name_u]Lou[/name_u] makes mw think of Toliet Loo tho :grimacing:

1 Like

I know the two L’s thing is a statement for sure, especially as being two girls close in age. I’m fine to have both their names start with L and don’t feel I need to commit to that down the line if we were to have a third, but therefore don’t want to match up the middle names too much in addition. I understand why you would suggest it though, others did too in a previous thread and someone else mentioned [name_f]Goldie[/name_f] or [name_f]Meadow[/name_f].

I actually quite like [name_f]Ida[/name_f], instead of [name_f]Ada[/name_f]. Thanks for that input.

Great insights to think about :slight_smile:

1 Like

[name_u]Lou[/name_u] [name_f]Antonia[/name_f] and [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u] are gorgeous!!

[name_u]Lou[/name_u] [name_f]Antonia[/name_f] feels breezy and powerful all at once and I like the literary spark of [name_f]Antonia[/name_f] with [name_u]Lou[/name_u]

[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u] is bright, lovely and warm, a nice mix of vintage and fresh.

[name_u]Lou[/name_u] [name_f]Meadow[/name_f], [name_u]Lou[/name_u] [name_f]Madelief[/name_f] and [name_u]Lou[/name_u] [name_f]Jessamine[/name_f] came to mind, as did [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_u]Indigo[/name_u], [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_u]Lark[/name_u] and [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Sunshine[/name_f] :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! [name_f]My[/name_f] mom is born in [name_f]Barcelona[/name_f] and one of her two middle names is [name_f]Antonia[/name_f], so while this is a very different style and sound from [name_f]Leni[/name_f] [name_f]Bloom[/name_f], our other daughters name, it does have meaning and a place :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I love [name_u]Wren[/name_u]! Our last name starts with R and has two syllables, so I love the R-R sounds for middle and last name. [name_f]My[/name_f] husband doesn’t love [name_u]Wren[/name_u] but I remain persistent, as always. Heheheh

2 Likes

That all makes sense! I am sure you’ll make a fab choice. [name_u]Lou[/name_u] [name_f]Antonia[/name_f] is a bright name! It’s another good choice, and I see it’s special to you too.

I like [name_u]Lou[/name_u] [name_f]Frances[/name_f] & [name_u]Lou[/name_u] [name_f]Emilia[/name_f] and [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_u]James[/name_u] & [name_f]Ada[/name_f] Wren/Ren

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Ada[/name_f] in general and with [name_f]Leni[/name_f]. [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_m]Moss[/name_m] and [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u] are both great.

1 Like

[name_f]Leni[/name_f] [name_f]Bloom[/name_f] and [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_m]Moss[/name_m]

1 Like

I’m gravitating towards [name_f]Ada[/name_f] :tulip:

I think [name_f]Ada[/name_f] is the perfect sister for [name_f]Leni[/name_f]. She’s sweet, stylish, fun, looks visually pleasing and sounds fab with [name_f]Leni[/name_f]. Whereas I feel [name_u]Lou[/name_u] is a bit to matchy for my personal tastes.

Looking at your middle name ideas I’m like the idea of another nature inspired choices [name_m]Moss[/name_m] + [name_u]Wren[/name_u] would be lovely. I think [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u] appeals to me more she’s sweet, bright, has a pretty feel and I think looks wonderful with [name_f]Leni[/name_f] [name_f]Bloom[/name_f]. I think [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_m]Moss[/name_m] is lovely she feels grounded and earthy but I just prefer the summertime feels of [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u]. Some other middle make suggestions for [name_f]Ada[/name_f] could be [name_f]Meadow[/name_f], [name_f]Posy[/name_f], [name_u]Fern[/name_u], [name_u]Prairie[/name_u], [name_u]Sparrow[/name_u], [name_u]Coast[/name_u], [name_f]Saffron[/name_f] and [name_f]Lilies[/name_f].

[name_f]Hope[/name_f] this helps

1 Like

L3ni BlooM and…
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_u]Blythe[/name_u]
[name_f]Eloise[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] - [name_u]Lou[/name_u]
[name_f]Louann[/name_f] [name_u]Blythe[/name_u] - [name_u]Lou[/name_u]
[name_u]Lou[/name_u] [name_f]Antonia[/name_f]. [name_u]Lou[/name_u] [name_u]Anne[/name_u]
[name_f]Ella[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f]
[name_f]Emma[/name_f] [name_f]Rose[/name_f] - [name_f]Emmi[/name_f]
[name_f]Eva[/name_f] [name_f]Eloise[/name_f] - [name_f]Evie[/name_f]
[name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Mae[/name_f] - [name_f]Annie[/name_f]
[name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_f]Belle[/name_f] - [name_f]Annie[/name_f]
[name_f]Anna[/name_f] [name_u]Blythe[/name_u] - [name_f]Annie[/name_f]
[name_f]Elise[/name_f] [name_u]Blythe[/name_u] - [name_f]Lise[/name_f], Lisi

I really like [name_u]Lou[/name_u] [name_f]Frances[/name_f] and [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_u]James[/name_u]!

1 Like

I prefer [name_f]Ada[/name_f] & I think it goes nicely with [name_f]Leni[/name_f].

[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u] is my favorite of your choices. Also would love [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f] if names combining from both lists.

[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_u]Willow[/name_u]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Violet[/name_f]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_u]Briar[/name_u]
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_u]Lovelace[/name_u] (my phone’s suggestion :joy:)
[name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_u]Skye[/name_u]

1 Like

[name_u]Lou[/name_u] [name_f]Madeline[/name_f], [name_u]Lou[/name_u] [name_f]Frances[/name_f], [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_u]Wren[/name_u], [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_u]James[/name_u], and [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_u]Lou[/name_u] are my favourites :blush:

1 Like

I love [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_f]Frances[/name_f] and [name_f]Ada[/name_f] [name_u]June[/name_u]! I’ve thought of [name_u]June[/name_u] but then questioned if it was too rhymey with [name_f]Leni[/name_f] [name_f]Bloom[/name_f], my other daughter.

These are great, thank you! :sun_with_face::sparkles:

1 Like